- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Dentistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 930789, 4 pages
Circummandibular Wiring of Symphysis Fracture in a Five-Year-Old Child
1Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, MNR Dental College and Hospital, Andhra Pradesh, Sangareddy 502001, India
2Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, MNR Dental College and Hospital, Andhra Pradesh, Sangareddy 502001, India
Received 11 May 2013; Accepted 18 June 2013
Academic Editors: M. B. D. Gaviao and M. A. Polack
Copyright © 2013 Krishna Priya Vellore et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. B. Dodson, “Mandibular fractures in children,” OMS Knowledge Update, vol. 1, part II, pp. 95–107, 1995.
- S. Iida and T. Matsuya, “Paediatric maxillofacial fractures: their aetiological characters and fracture patterns,” Journal of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 237–241, 2002.
- J. C. Posnick, M. Wells, G. E. Pron, and B. Alpert, “Pediatric facial fractures: evolving patterns of treatment,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 51, no. 8, pp. 836–845, 1993.
- A. B. Bataineh, “Etiology and incidence of maxillofacial fractures in the north of Jordan,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, and Endodontics, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 31–35, 1998.
- R. Lalloo, “Risk factors for major injuries to the face and teeth,” Dental Traumatology, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 12–14, 2003.
- J. B. Mulliken, L. B. Kaban, and J. E. Murray, “Management of facial fractures in children,” Clinics in Plastic Surgery, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 491–502, 1977.
- M. A. Fortunato, A. F. Fielding, and L. H. Guernsey, “Facial bone fractures in children,” Oral Surgery Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 225–230, 1982.
- K. C. Yerit, S. Hainich, G. Enislidis et al., “Biodegradable fixation of mandibular fractures in children: stability and early results,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology and Endodontology, vol. 100, no. 1, pp. 17–24, 2005.
- R. H. Haug, L. L. Cunningham, and M. T. Brandt, “Plates, screws, and children: their relationship in craniomaxillofacial trauma,” Journal of Long-Term Effects of Medical Implants, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 271–287, 2003.
- A. Baumann, M. J. Troulis, and L. B. Kaban, “Facial trauma II. Dentoalveolar injuries and mandibular fractures,” in Pediatric Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, pp. 445–461, Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2004.
- R. W. T. Myall, K. H. Dawson, and M. A. Egbert, “Maxillofacial injuries in children,” in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, R. J. Fonseca, Ed., vol. 3, pp. 423–426, WB Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2000.
- J. C. Posnick, B. J. Costello, and P. S. Tiwana, “pediatric craniomaxillofacial fracture management,” in Peterson's Principles of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 1, pp. 528–532, BC Decker, Hamilton, Canada, 2nd edition, 2004.
- G. H. Blakey III, R. L. Ruiz, and T. A. Tuarey, “Management of facial fractures in growing patient,” in Oral and Maxillofacial Trauma and Endodontics, R. J. Fonseca and R. V. Walker, Eds., vol. 2, pp. 1003–1041, WB Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1997.