- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Dermatological Medicine
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 190572, 6 pages
Hypopigmented Mycosis Fungoides in Type V Skin: A Report of 5 Cases
1Department of Dermatology, Teaching Hospital Anuradhapura, Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka
2Department of Pathology, Teaching Hospital Anuradhapura, Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka
3Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo, Kinsy Road, Colombo 8, Sri Lanka
Received 28 June 2011; Accepted 25 August 2011
Academic Editor: K. Morita
Copyright © 2011 Ranthilaka R. Ranawaka et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. L. Stone, A. R. Styles, C. J. Cockerell, and A. G. Pandya, “Hypopigmented mycosis fungoides: a report of 7 cases and review of the literature,” Cutis, vol. 67, no. 2, pp. 133–138, 2001.
- S. E. Whitmore, E. Simmons-O'Brien, and F. S. Rotter, “Hypopigmented mycosis fungoides,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 130, no. 4, pp. 476–480, 1994.
- R. Akaraphanth, M. C. Douglass, and H. W. Lim, “Hypopigmented mycosis fungoides: treatment and a 6 (1/2)-year follow-up of 9 patients,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 42, no. 1, part 1, pp. 33–39, 2000.
- E. Sezer, T. Sezer, A. Senayli, D. Koseoglu, and N. Filiz, “Hypopigmented mycosis fungoides in a Caucasian child,” European Journal of Dermatology, vol. 16, no. 5, p. 584, 2006.
- M. Ardigó, G. Borroni, L. Muscardin, H. Kerl, and L. Cerroni, “Hypopigmented mycosis fungoides in Caucasian patients: a clinicopathologic study of 7 cases,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 264–270, 2003.
- M. S. Qari, N. Li, and M. F. Demierre, “Hypopigmented mycosis fungoides: case reports and literature review,” Journal of Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 142–148, 2000.
- E. M. Wain, G. E. Orchard, S. J. Whittaker, M. F. Spittle, and R. Russell-Jones, “Outcome in 34 patients with juvenile-onset mycosis fungoides: a clinical, immunophenotypic, and molecular study,” Cancer, vol. 98, no. 10, pp. 2282–2290, 2003.
- E. S.T. Tan, M. B.Y. Tang, and S. H. Tan, “Retrospective 5-year review of 131 patients with mycosis fungoides and Sézary syndrome seen at the National Skin Centre, Singapore,” Australasian Journal of Dermatology, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 248–252, 2006.
- H. S. Zackheim, M. Kashani-Sabet, and S. Amin, “Topical corticosteroids for mycosis fungoides: experience in 79 patients,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 134, no. 8, pp. 949–954, 1998.
- J. J. Herrmann, H. H. Roenigk Jr., A. Hurria et al., “Treatment of mycosis fungoides with photochemotherapy (PUVA): long-term follow-up,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 234–242, 1995.
- K. Ahmad, S. Rogers, P. D. McNicholas, and P. Collins, “Narrowband UVB and PUVA in the treatment of mycosis fungoides: a retrospective study,” Acta Dermato-Venereologica, vol. 87, no. 5, pp. 413–417, 2007.
- S. Z. Ghodsi, Z. Hallaji, K. Balighi, F. Safar, and C. Chams-Davatchi, “Narrow-band UVB in the treatment of early stage mycosis fungoides: report of 16 patients,” Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 376–378, 2005.
- G. Boztepe, S. Sahin, M. Ayhan, G. Erkin, and F. Kilemen, “Narrowband ultraviolet B phototherapy to clear and maintain clearance in patients with mycosis fungoides,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 242–246, 2005.
- A. Hofer, L. Cerroni, H. Kerl, and P. Wolf, “Narrowband (311-nm) UV-B therapy for small plaque parapsoriasis and early-stage mycosis fungoides,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 135, no. 11, pp. 1377–1380, 1999.
- G. Gökdemir, D. Barutcuoǧlu, D. Sakiz, and A. Köşlüt, “Narrowband UVB phototherapy for early-stage mycosis fungoides: evaluation of clinical and histopathological changes,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 804–809, 2006.
- K. Reddy and J. Bhawan, “Histologic mimickers of mycosis fungoides: a review,” Journal of Cutaneous Pathology, vol. 34, no. 7, pp. 519–525, 2007.
- M. A. El-Darouti, S. A. Marzouk, O. Azzam et al., “Vitiligo vs. hypopigmented mycosis fungoides (histopathological and immunohistochemical study, univariate analysis),” European Journal of Dermatology, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 17–22, 2006.
- T. Petit, B. Cribier, M. Bagot, and J. Wechsler, “Inflammatory vitiligo-like macules that simulate hypopigmented mycosis fungoides,” European Journal of Dermatology, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 410–412, 2003.
- S. P. W. Kumarasinghe, S. H. Tan, S. Thng, T. P. Thamboo, S. Liang, and Y. S. Lee, “Progressive macular hypomelanosis in Singapore: a clinico-pathological study,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 737–742, 2006.
- L. El Shabrawi-Caelen, L. Cerroni, L. J. Medeiros, and T. H. McCalmont, “Hypopigmented mycosis fungoides: frequent expression of a CD8+ T-cell phenotype,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 450–457, 2002.
- Z. N. Singh, M. S. Tretiakova, C. R. Shea, and V. M. Petronic-Rosic, “Decreased CD117 expression in hypopigmented mycosis fungoides correlates with hypomelanosis: lessons learned from vitiligo,” Modern Pathology, vol. 19, no. 9, pp. 1255–1260, 2006.