- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Dermatological Medicine
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 253607, 5 pages
Intense Pulsed-Light Therapy for Proliferative Haemangiomas of Infancy
Department of Dermatopathology, University Hospital of Liège, 4000 Liège, Belgium
Received 4 November 2011; Accepted 10 December 2011
Academic Editors: J. T. Lear and N. Oiso
Copyright © 2011 Marie Caucanas et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. R. Cordisco, “An update on lasers in children,” Current Opinion in Pediatrics, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 499–504, 2009.
- A. M. Serra, F. M. Soares, A. G. Cunha, and I. M. Costa, “Therapeutic management of skin hemangiomas in children,” Anais Brasileiros de Dermatologia, vol. 85, no. 3, pp. 307–317, 2010.
- G. E. Piérard, C. Piérard-Franchimont, and C. M. Lapière, “Proliferation and hyperplasia of vascular endothelium in human skin,” American Journal of Dermatopathology, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 477–488, 1985.
- P. Przewratil, A. Sitkiewicz, K. Wyka, and E. Andrzejewska, “Serum levels of vascular endothelial growth factor and basic fibroblastic growth factor in children with hemangiomas and vascular malformations-preliminary report,” Pediatric Dermatology, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 399–404, 2009.
- D. N. Li, M. H. Gold, Z. S. Sun, A. R. Tang, H. B. Wang, and L. Sheng-Kang, “Treatment of infantile hemangioma with optimal pulse technology,” Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 145–150, 2010.
- S. Hohenleutner, E. Badur-Ganter, M. Landthaler, and U. Hohenleutner, “Long-term results in the treatment of childhood hemangioma with the flashlamp-pumped pulsed dye laser: an evaluation of 617 cases,” Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 273–277, 2001.
- R. R. Anderson, “Infant hemangiomas: a controversy worth solving,” Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 92–93, 2006.
- F. Bahmer, M. Drosner, U. Hohenleutner et al., “Recommendation for laser and intense pulsed light (IPL) therapy in dermatology,” Journal der Deutschen Dermatologischen Gesellschaft, vol. 5, no. 11, pp. 1036–1043, 2007.
- M. F. Stier, S. A. Glick, and R. J. Hirsch, “Laser treatment of pediatric vascular lesions: port wine stains and hemangiomas,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 261–285, 2008.
- C. Piérard-Franchimont, P. Paquet, and G. E. Piérard, “New approaches in light/laser therapies and photodynamic treatment of acne,” Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 493–501, 2011.
- P. Babilas, S. Schreml, R. M. Szeimies, and M. Landthaler, “Intense pulsed light (IPL): a review,” Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 93–104, 2010.
- A. M. Chapas and R. G. Geronemus, “Our approach to pediatric dermatologic laser surgery,” Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 255–263, 2005.
- J. L. Tanner, M. P. Dechert, and I. J. Frieden, “Growing up with a facial hemangioma: parent and child coping and adaptation,” Pediatrics, vol. 101, no. 3 I, pp. 446–452, 1998.
- R. A. Schwartz, M. I. Sidor, M. L. Musumeci, R. L. Lin, and G. Micali, “Infantile haemangiomas: a challenge in paediatric dermatology,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 631–638, 2010.
- E. F. Williams III, P. Stanislaw, M. Dupree, K. Mourtzikos, M. Mihm, and L. Shannon, “Hemangiomas in infants and children. An algorithm for intervention,” Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 103–111, 2000.
- S. M. Maguiness and I. J. Frieden, “Current management of infantile hemangiomas,” Seminars in Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 106–114, 2010.
- M. Jinnin, T. Ishihara, E. Boye, and B. R. Olsen, “Recent progress in studies of infantile hemangioma,” Journal of Dermatology, vol. 37, no. 11, pp. 939–955, 2010.