- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Dermatological Medicine
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 818291, 3 pages
Basal Cell Carcinoma of the Nipple: An Uncommon but Ever-Increasing Location
1Department of Dermatology, American Hospital, Güzelbahçe Sokak No. 20, Nişantaşı, 34365 Istanbul, Turkey
2Department of Pathology, Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Fatih, 34098 Istanbul, Turkey
Received 11 November 2011; Accepted 25 December 2011
Academic Editors: J. T. Lear and R. Strohal
Copyright © 2011 Yasemin Oram et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. Samarasinghe, V. Madan, and J. T. Lear, “Focus on basal cell carcinoma,” Journal of Skin Cancer, vol. 2011, Article ID 328615, 5 pages, 2011.
- M. S. Ferguson, S. A. R. Nouraei, B. J. H. Davies, and N. R. McLean, “Basal cell carcinoma of the nipple-areola complex,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 35, no. 11, pp. 1771–1775, 2009.
- O. Avci, U. Pabuççuoǧlu, M. A. Koçdor et al., “Basal cell carcinoma of the nipple—an unusual location in a male patient,” Journal of the German Society of Dermatology, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 130–132, 2008.
- S. Takeno, N. Kikuchi, T. Miura et al., “Basal cell carcinoma of the nipple in male patients with gastric cancer recurrence: report of a case,” Breast Cancer. In press.
- R. A. Cooper and D. B. Eilers, “Mammographic findings in basal cell carcinoma of the male nipple,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 175, no. 4, pp. 1065–1066, 2000.
- J. Roland, A. Schwartz, and C. B. Teal, “Image of the month. Basal cell carcinoma,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 142, no. 7, p. 687, 2007.
- D. L. Cummins, Y. Yu, and D. T. Finn, “Island pedicle reconstruction of partial nipple and areola defect,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 36, no. 9, pp. 1459–1462, 2010.
- A. Sinha and J. A. A. Langtry, “Secondary intention healing following mohs micrographic surgery for basal cell carcinoma of the nipple and areola,” Acta Dermato-Venereologica, vol. 91, no. 1, pp. 78–79, 2011.
- L. A. Kwasniak and J. Garcia-Zuazaga, “Basal cell carcinoma: evidence-based medicine and review of treatment modalities,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 645–658, 2011.
- P. H. McKee, E. Calonje, and S. R. Granter, Pathology of the Skin; with Clinical Correlations, Mosby, St. Louis, Mo, USA, 3rd edition, 2005.
- D. Benharroch, D. B. Geffen, J. Peiser, and L. Rosenberg, “Basal cell carcinoma of the male nipple: case report and review of the literature,” Journal of Dermatologic Surgery and Oncology, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 137–139, 1993.
- Y. I. Zhu and D. Ratner, “Basal cell carcinoma of the nipple: a case report and review of the literature,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 27, no. 11, pp. 971–974, 2001.