- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Dermatological Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 207126, 6 pages
Paraneoplastic Pemphigus: A Paraneoplastic Autoimmune Multiorgan Syndrome or Autoimmune Multiorganopathy?
1Department of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy, Dr. R. P. Govt. Medical College, Kangra, Tanda, Himachal Pradesh 176001, India
2Department of Pathology, Dr. R. P. Govt. Medical College, Kangra, Tanda, Himachal Pradesh 176001, India
3Department of Radiotherapy & Oncology, Dr. R. P. Govt. Medical College, Kangra, Tanda, Himachal Pradesh 176001, India
Received 30 October 2012; Accepted 3 December 2012
Academic Editors: J. Y. Lee, N. Oiso, and R. Strohal
Copyright © 2012 Vikram K. Mahajan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. J. Anhalt, “Paraneoplastic Pemphigus,” Journal of Investigative Dermatology Symposium Proceedings, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 29–33, 2004.
- A. Kimyai-Asadi and M. H. Jih, “Paraneoplastic pemphigus,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 367–372, 2001.
- V. N. Sehgal and G. Srivastava, “Paraneoplastic pemphigus/paraneoplastic autoimmune multiorgan syndrome,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 162–169, 2009.
- S. E. Lee and S. C. Kim, “Paraneoplastic pemphigus,” Dermatologica Sinica, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 1–14, 2010.
- V. T. Nguyen, A. Ndoye, K. D. Bassler et al., “Classification, clinical manifestations, and immunopathological mechanisms of the epithelial variant of paraneoplastic autoimmune multiorgan syndrome: a reappraisal of paraneoplastic pemphigus,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 137, no. 2, pp. 193–206, 2001.
- A. Czernik, M. Camilleri, M. R. Pittelkow, and S. A. Grando, “Paraneoplastic autoimmune multiorgan syndrome: 20 years after,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 50, no. 8, pp. 905–914, 2011.
- G. J. Anhalt, S. C. Kim, J. R. Stanley et al., “Paraneoplastic pemphigus: an autoimmune mucocutaneous disease associated with neoplasia,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 323, no. 25, pp. 1729–1735, 1990.
- C. Camisa, T. N. Helm, Y. C. Liu et al., “Paraneoplastic pemphigus: a report of three cases including one long-term survivor,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 547–553, 1992.
- S. T. Dave, V. Chandrashekhar, S. K. Kamath, and L. V. Dewoolkar, “Anaesthetic management for paraneoplastic pemphigus,” Indian Journal of Anaesthesia, vol. 51, pp. 525–527, 2007.
- J. E. Lane, C. Woody, L. S. Davis, M. F. Guill, and R. S. Jerath, “Paraneoplastic autoimmune multiorgan syndrome (paraneoplastic pemphigus) in a child: case report and review of the literature,” Pediatrics, vol. 114, no. 4, pp. e513–e516, 2004.
- A. M. Powell, S. Albert, N. Oyama, Y. Sakuma-Oyama, B. Bhogal, and M. M. Black, “Paraneoplastic pemphigus secondary to fludarabine evolving into unusual oral pemphigus vegetans,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 360–364, 2004.
- I. Kaplan, E. Hodak, L. Ackerman, D. Mimouni, G. J. Anhalt, and S. Calderon, “Neoplasms associated with paraneoplastic pemphigus: a review with emphasis on non-hematologic malignancy and oral mucosal manifestations,” Oral Oncology, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 553–562, 2004.
- G. J. Anhalt, “Paraneoplastic pemphigus: the role of tumours and drugs,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 144, no. 6, pp. 1102–1104, 2001.
- W. N. K. A. van Mook, M. M. F. Fickers, P. H. M. H. Theunissen et al., “Paraneoplastic pemphigus as the initial presentation of chronic lymphocytic leukemia,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 115–118, 2001.
- M. Bębenek , “Paraneoplastic pemphigus as a late consequence of the complete resection of a skin melanoma?” Nowotwory, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 192e–194e, 2007.
- D. Mimouni, G. J. Anhalt, Z. Lazarova et al., “Paraneoplastic pemphigus in children and adolescents,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 147, no. 4, pp. 725–732, 2002.
- O. V. Nikolskaia, C. H. Nousari, and G. J. Anhalt, “Paraneoplastic pemphigus in association with Castleman's disease,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 149, no. 6, pp. 1143–1151, 2003.
- J. Wang, X. Zhu, R. Li et al., “Paraneoplastic pemphigus associated with castleman tumor: a commonly reported subtype of paraneoplastic pemphigus in China,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 141, no. 10, pp. 1285–1293, 2005.
- S. X. Qian, J. Y. Li, M. Hong, W. Xu, and H. X. Qiu, “Nonhematological autoimmunity (glomerulosclerosis, paraneoplastic pemphigus and paraneoplastic neurological syndrome) in a patient with chronic lymphocytic leukemia: diagnosis, prognosis and management,” Leukemia Research, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 500–505, 2009.
- C. Laforest, S. C. Huilgol, R. Casson, D. Selva, and I. Leibovitch, “Autoimmune bullous diseases: ocular manifestations and management,” Drugs, vol. 65, no. 13, pp. 1767–1779, 2005.