- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Dermatological Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 693041, 3 pages
Chronicle of a Pigmented Superficial Basal Cell Carcinoma
1Department of Dermatology, Regional Hospital of Huy, Huy, Belgium
2Department of Dermatopathology, University Hospital of Liège, 4000 Liège, Belgium
3University of Liège, Liège, Belgium
Received 17 April 2012; Accepted 19 June 2012
Academic Editors: M. Curzio, X.-H. Gao, M. Hide, K. Jimbow, and T. Salopek
Copyright © 2012 Marie Caucanas et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Zoccali, R. Pajand, R. M. Crisci, and M. Giuliani, “Evolution of basal cell carcinoma,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 36, no. 11, p. 1736, 2010.
- S. Boulinguez, C. Grison-Tabone, L. Lamant et al., “Histological evolution of recurrent basal cell carcinoma and therapeutic implications for incompletely excised lesions,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 151, no. 3, pp. 623–626, 2004.
- A. Y. Dixon, S. H. Lee, and D. H. McGregor, “Histologic evolution of basal cell carcinoma recurrence,” American Journal of Dermatopathology, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 241–247, 1991.
- M. R. Namazi, “Hypothesis: overexpression or overactivation of PAR-2 might be involved in the evolution of basal cell carcinoma,” Dermatology Online Journal, vol. 9, no. 5, p. 32, 2003.
- A. Hirofuji, K. Takiguchi, K. Nakamura et al., “Superficial type of multiple basal cell carcinomas: detailed comparative study of its dermoscopic and histopatholgoical findings,” Journal of Skin Cancer, vol. 2011, Article ID 385465, 2011.
- D. Tabanhoglu Onan, S. Sahin, O. Gököz et al., “Correlation between the dermatoscopic and histopathological features of pigmented basal cell carcinoma,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 1317–1325, 2010.
- L. Rossiello, I. Zalaudek, H. Cabo, G. Ferrara, C. Gabriel, and G. Argenziano, “Dermoscopic-pathologic correlation in an unusual case of pigmented basal cell carcinoma,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 32, no. 12, pp. 1509–1512, 2006.
- M. Demirtasoglu, T. Ilknur, B. Lebe, E. Kuşku, S. Akarsu, and S. Özkan, “Evaluation of dermoscopic and histopathologic features and their correlations in pigmented basal cell carcinomas,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 916–920, 2006.
- C. Franchimont, G. E. Pierard, D. Van Cauwenberge, M. Damseaux, and C. H. Lapière, “Episodic progression and regression of basal cell carcinomas,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 106, no. 3, pp. 305–310, 1982.
- S. W. Huang, K. T. Liu, C. C. Chang et al., “Imiquimod simultaneously induces autophagy and apoptosis in human basal cell carcinoma cells,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 163, no. 2, pp. 310–320, 2010.