- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Endocrinology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 616930, 2 pages
Levothyroxine and Prednisone Causing Generalized Weakness in a Middle-Aged Man
1Departement of Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern Medical School, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas, TX 75390, USA
2Division of Nephrology, Dallas VA Medical Center, 4500 S Lancaster Road, Dallas, TX 75216, USA
Received 10 September 2012; Accepted 8 October 2012
Academic Editors: M. Demura and L. Mastrandrea
Copyright © 2012 Andrew Word et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. T. C. Ko, C. C. Chow, V. T. F. Yeung, H. H. L. Chan, J. K. Y. Li, and C. S. Cockram, “Thyrotoxic periodic paralysis in a Chinese population,” Quarterly Journal of Medicine, vol. 89, no. 6, pp. 463–468, 1996.
- A. W. C. Kung, “Clinical review: thyrotoxic periodic paralysis: a diagnostic challenge,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 91, no. 7, pp. 2490–2495, 2006.
- S. Soonthornpun, W. Setasuban, and A. Thamprasit, “Insulin resistance in subjects with a history of thyrotoxic periodic paralysis (TPP),” Clinical Endocrinology, vol. 70, no. 5, pp. 794–797, 2009.
- Z. Liu, L. E. Braverman, and A. Malabanan, “Thyrotoxic periodic paralysis in a hispanic man after the administration of prednisone,” Endocrine Practice, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 427–431, 2006.
- L. Wartofsky, “Levothyroxine: therapeutic use and regulatory issues related to bioequivalence,” Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 727–732, 2002.
- B. J. Dong, W. W. Hauck, J. G. Gambertoglio et al., “Bioequivalence of generic and brand-name levothyroxine products in the treatment of hypothyroidism,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 277, no. 15, pp. 1205–1213, 1997.
- Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, “AACE, TES, and ATA joint position statement on the use and interchangeability of thyroxine products 2008,” https://http://www.aace.com/pub/pdf/guidelines/AACE-TES-ATA-thyroxineproducts .