- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Endocrinology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 762023, 3 pages
Secondary Pulmonary Hypertension and Right-Sided Heart Failure at Presentation in Grave’s Disease
Department of Medicine, Grant Medical College and Sir J.J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai 400008, India
Received 27 September 2012; Accepted 15 October 2012
Academic Editors: M. A. Boyanov and S. Simsek
Copyright © 2012 Swapnil Panjabrao Ganeshpure et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Shimazaki, T. Mitsuhashi, and K. Hasegawa, “Idiopathic pulmonary hypertension associated with hyperthyroidism—an autopsy case,” Japanese Journal of Clinical Medicine, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 1783–1786, 1980 (Japanese).
- N. G. Cavros, W. D. Old, F. D. Castro, and H. L. Estep, “Case report: reversible mitral regurgitation and congestive heart failure complicating thyrotoxicosis,” American Journal of the Medical Sciences, vol. 311, no. 3, pp. 142–144, 1996.
- M. Haran, A. Lodha, and J. Groopman, “Pulmonary hypertension in Grave's disease,” Endocrinologist, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 273–274, 2008.
- S. S. Virani, C. E. Mendoza, A. C. Ferreira, and E. De Marchena, “Graves' disease and pulmonary hypertension: report of 2 cases,” Texas Heart Institute Journal, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 314–315, 2003.
- J. H. Suk, K. I. Cho, S. H. Lee, et al., “Prevalence of echocardiographic criteria for the diagnosis of pulmonary hypertension in patients with Grave’s disease: before and after antithyroid treatment,” Journal of Endocrinological Investigation, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 229–234, 2011.
- M. Marvisi, P. Zambrelli, M. Brianti, G. Civardi, R. Lampugnani, and R. Delsignore, “Pulmonary hypertension is frequent in hyperthyroidism and normalizes after therapy,” European Journal of Internal Medicine, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 267–271, 2006.
- I. A. Nakchbandi, J. A. Wirth, and S. E. Inzucchi, “Pulmonary hypertension caused by graves'thyrotoxicosis: normal pulmonary hemodynamics restored by 131I treatment,” Chest, vol. 116, no. 5, pp. 1483–1485, 1999.