- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Endocrinology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 875764, 5 pages
Is There a Role of Targeted Agents in the Management of Adrenocortical Cancers?
1Division of Hematology/Oncology, Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, MA, USA
2The Hospital of Central Connecticut, New Britain, CT 06489, USA
3Oncology Unit GPP, Sotiria General Hospital, Athens School of Medicine, Mesogeion 152, 115 27 Athens, Greece
Received 21 September 2012; Accepted 3 October 2012
Academic Editors: M. Demura and R. Swaminathan
Copyright © 2012 M. W. Saif et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. T. DeVita, S. Hellman, and S. A. Rosenberg, Eds., Cancer: Principles and Practice of Oncology, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 7th edition, 2005.
- R. F. Pommier and M. F. Brennan, “An eleven-year experience with adrenocortical carcinoma,” Surgery, vol. 112, no. 6, pp. 963–970, 1992.
- A. Stojadinovic, R. A. Ghossein, A. Hoos et al., “Adrenocortical carcinoma: clinical, morphologic, and molecular characterization,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 941–950, 2002.
- L. S. Kirschner, “Emerging treatment strategies for adrenocortical carcinoma: a new hope,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 91, no. 1, pp. 14–21, 2006.
- V. Samnotra, V. A. Memoli, and M. S. Ernstoff:, “Primary adrenocortical tumors: EGFR, c-Kit and Her-2/neu receptor staining patterns,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 23, no. 16S, part 1, p. 4770, 2005, ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings.
- P. Adam, S. Hahner, M. Hartmann et al., “Epidermal growth factor receptor in adrenocortical tumors: analysis of gene sequence, protein expression and correlation with clinical outcome,” Modern Pathology, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 1596–1604, 2010.
- M. Fassnacht, P. Stroebel, and B. Allolio:, “Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) as a potential new target in the treatment of patients with adrenocortical carcinoma: results of pre-clinical studies,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 25, no. 18S, 2007, ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings (Post-Meeting Edition).
- T. A. Britvin, I. A. Kazantseva, A. P. Kalinin, and N. E. Kushlinskii, “Vascular endothelium growth factor in the sera of patients with adrenal tumors,” Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine, vol. 140, no. 2, pp. 228–230, 2005.
- F. De Fraipont, M. El Atifi, C. Gicquel, X. Bertagna, E. M. Chambaz, and J. J. Feige, “Expression of the angiogenesis markers vascular endothelial growth factor-A, thrombospondin-1, and platelet-derived endothelial cell growth factor in human sporadic adrenocortical tumors: correlation with genotypic alterations,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 85, no. 12, pp. 4734–4741, 2000.
- K. Kolomecki, H. Stepien, M. Bartos, and K. Kuzdak, “Usefulness of VEGF, MMP-2, MMP-3 and TIMP-2 serum level evaluation in patients with adrenal tumours,” Endocrine Regulations, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 9–16, 2001.
- “Phase II Study of Axitinib (AG-013736) With Evaluation of the VEGF-Pathway in Metastatic, Recurrent or Primary Unresectable Adrenocortical Cancer,” NCT 01255137, http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01255137.
- “Sunitinib in Refractory Adrenocortical Carcinoma (SIRAC) Study,” NCT 00453895, University of Wuerzburg, http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT00453895.
- “Sorafenib Plus Paclitaxel in Adreno-Cortical-Cancer Patients Phase II,” NCT 00786110, http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT00786110.
- D. F. Maluf, B. H. de Oliveira, and E. Lalli, “Therapy of adrenocortical cancer: present and future,” American Journal of Cancer Research, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 222–232, 2011.
- M. Doghman, A. El Wakil, B. Cardinaud et al., “Regulation of insulin-like growth factor-mammalian target of rapamycin signaling by MicroRNA in childhood adrenocortical tumors,” Cancer Research, vol. 70, no. 11, pp. 4666–4675, 2010.