- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Endocrinology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 843795, 3 pages
Optic Disc Swelling and Vision Loss in a Patient with Cystic Fibrosis and Diabetes
1Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
2Division of Neuro-Ophthalmology, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
3Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
4Division of Respiratory Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, 8B Providence Wing, 1081 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6Z 1Y6
5Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Received 28 June 2013; Accepted 23 July 2013
Academic Editors: M. A. Boyanov and J. P. Frindik
Copyright © 2013 Ioulia Iosfina et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Moran, D. Becker, S. J. Casella et al., “Epidemiology, pathophysiology, and prognostic implications of cystic fibrosis-related diabetes: a technical review,” Diabetes Care, vol. 33, no. 12, pp. 2677–2683, 2010.
- A. Arnold, “Chapter 9. 7: ischemic optic neuropathies. Diabetic papillopathy,” in Ophthalmology, M. Yanoff and J. Duker, Eds., Yanoff & Duker, 3rd edition, 2008.
- C. Ostri, H. Lund-Andersen, B. Sander, D. Hvidt-Nielsen, and M. Larsen, “Bilateral diabetic papillopathy and metabolic control,” Ophthalmology, vol. 117, no. 11, pp. 2214–2217, 2010.
- A. M. Mansour, M. A. El-Dairi, M. A. Shehab, H. K. Shahin, J. A. Shaaban, and S. R. Antonios, “Periocular corticosteroids in diabetic papillopathy,” Eye, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 45–51, 2005.
- A. S. Al-Hinai, M. S. Al-Abri, and R. H. Al-Hajri, “Diabetic papillopathy with macular edema treated with intravitreal bevacizumab,” Oman Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 4, no. 3, article 135, 2011.
- L. Kessler, S. Bakopoulou, R. Kessler et al., “Combined pancreatic islet-lung transplantation: a novel approach to the treatment of end-stage cystic fibrosis,” American Journal of Transplantation, vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 1707–1712, 2010.
- A. Moran, P. Diem, D. J. Klein, M. D. Levitt, and R. P. Robertson, “Pancreatic endocrine function in cystic fibrosis,” Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 118, no. 5, pp. 715–723, 1991.