- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Emergency Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 495363, 3 pages
Visual Diagnosis: Pediatric Airway Emergency
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32608, USA
Received 8 December 2011; Accepted 19 January 2012
Academic Editors: E. Kagawa and V. Papadopoulos
Copyright © 2012 Bobby Desai et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Santillanes and M. Gausche-Hill, “Pediatric airway management,” Emergency Medicine Clinics of North America, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 961–975, 2008.
- R. C. Luten and N. Kissoon, “Approach to the pediatric airway,” in Manual of Emergency Airway Management, R. M. Walls, M. F. Murphy, and R. C. Luten, Eds., pp. 263–281, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Phildadelphia, Pa, USA, 2nd edition, 2004.
- I. R. Moss, “Physiologic considerations,” in Oski’s Pediatrics, J. A. McMillian, R. D. Feigin, and C. D. DeAngelis, Eds., pp. 300–305, Lippencott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 4th edition, 2006.
- R. A. Dieckmann, “Pediatric assessment,” in APLS: The Pediatric Emergency Medicine Eesource, M. Gausche-Hill, S. Fuchs, and L. Yamamoto, Eds., pp. 20–51, Jones and Bartlett, Sudbury, Mass, USA, 4th edition, 2004.
- A. Sarnaik and S. M. Heidemann, “Respiratory pathophysiology and regulation,” in Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics, R. M. Kleigman, R. E. Rehrman, and H. B. Jenson, Eds., pp. 1719–1731, Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 18th edition, 2007.
- M. Gausche, R. J. Lewis, S. J. Stratton et al., “Effect of out-of-hospital pediatric endotracheal intubation on survival and neurological outcome: a controlled clinical trial,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 283, no. 6, pp. 783–790, 2000.
- S. E. Mace and N. Khan, “Needle cricothyrotomy,” Emergency Medicine Clinics of North America, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 1085–1101, 2008.