- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Emergency Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 864160, 3 pages
A Case of Dens Fracture: A Pictorial Review and Discussion
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, 1329 SW 16th Street, P.O. Box 100186, Gainesville, FL 32610-0186, USA
Received 18 April 2012; Accepted 20 June 2012
Academic Editors: L. Bojić, E. Kagawa, C.-C. Lai, and M. D. Smith
Copyright © 2012 Bobby Desai et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. G. Maak and J. N. Grauer, “The contemporary treatment of odontoid injuries,” Spine, vol. 31, no. 11, supplement, pp. S53–S60, 2006.
- E. J. Müller, M. Wick, O. Russe, and G. Muhr, “Management of odontoid fractures in the elderly,” European Spine Journal, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 360–365, 1999.
- M. D. Ryan and J. J. Henderson, “The epidemiology of fractures and fracture-dislocations of the cervical spine,” Injury, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 38–40, 1992.
- M. L. Smith, J. A. Bauman, and M. Grady, “Neurosurgery,” in Schwartz's Principles of Surgery, F. C. Brunicardi, D. K. Andersen, T. R. Billiar et al., Eds., chapter 42, 9th edition, 2010, http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=5020575.
- M. Amling, V. J. Wening, M. Pösl, H. J. Grote, M. Hahn, and G. Delling, “Structure of the axis—key to the etiology of the dens fracture,” Der Chirurg; Zeitschrift fur alle Gebiete der operativen Medizen, vol. 65, no. 11, pp. 964–969, 1994.
- F. A. Pintar, N. Yoganandan, and L. Voo, “Effect of age and loading rate on human cervical spine injury threshold,” Spine, vol. 23, no. 18, pp. 1957–1962, 1998.
- V. S. Regenbogen, L. F. Rogers, S. W. Atlas, and K. S. Kim, “Cervical spinal cord injuries in patients with cervical spondylosis,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 146, no. 2, pp. 277–284, 1986.