- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Emergency Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 984195, 4 pages
Fournier's Gangrene: Report of 2 Cases
Department of Surgery, Institute of Medical Sciences & SUM Hospital, SOA University, K-8, Kalinga Nagar, Orissa Bhubaneswar 751030, India
Received 22 August 2011; Accepted 26 September 2011
Academic Editors: D. Elkharrat, P. Iannone, and W. Mauritz
Copyright © 2012 Prasan Kumar Hota. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. A. Fournier, “Gangrene foudroyante de la verge,” Semaine Médicale, vol. 4, pp. 589–597, 1883.
- J. A. Fournier, “Etude clinique de la gangrene foudroyante de la verge,” Semaine Médicale, vol. 4, pp. 69–74, 1884.
- H. Bauriene, “Sur une plaie qui s'est terminee par la sphacele de la scrotum,” Journal de Médecine, Chirurgie, Pharmacie, vol. 20, pp. 251–256, 1764.
- N. Eke, “Fournier's gangrene: a review of 1726 cases,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 87, no. 6, pp. 718–728, 2000.
- J. R. Adams Jr., J. A. Mata, D. D. Venable, D. J. Culkin, and J. A. Bocchini, “Fournier's gangrene in children,” Urology, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 439–441, 1990.
- G. Ekingen, T. Isken, H. Agir, S. Öncel, and A. Günlemez, “Fournier's gangrene in childhood: a report of 3 infant patients,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 43, no. 12, pp. e39–e42, 2008.
- R. Czymek, P. Frank, S. Limmer et al., “Fournier's gangrene: is the female gender a risk factor?” Langenbeck's Archives of Surgery, vol. 395, no. 2, pp. 173–180, 2010.
- R. Vick and C. C. Carson III, “Fournier's disease,” Urologic Clinics of North America, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 841–849, 1999.
- B. Sarani, M. Strong, J. Pascual, and C. W. Schwab, “Necrotizing fasciitis: current concepts and review of the literature,” Journal of the American College of Surgeons, vol. 208, no. 2, pp. 279–288, 2009.
- T. Piedra, E. Ruíz, F. J. González, J. Arnaiz, P. Lastra, and G. López-Rasines, “Fournier's gangrene: a radiologic emergency,” Abdominal Imaging, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 500–502, 2006.
- R. B. Levenson, A. K. Singh, and R. A. Novelline, “Fournier gangrene: role of imaging,” Radiographics, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 519–528, 2008.
- D. K. Rajan and K. A. Scharer, “Radiology of fournier's gangrene,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 170, no. 1, pp. 163–168, 1998.
- A. T. Corcoran, M. C. Smaldone, E. P. Gibbons, T. J. Walsh, and B. J. Davies, “Validation of the fournier's gangrene severity index in a large contemporary series,” Journal of Urology, vol. 180, no. 3, pp. 944–948, 2008.
- R. Czymek, P. Hildebrand, M. Kleemann et al., “New insights into the epidemiology and etiology of Fournier's gangrene: a review of 33 patients,” Infection, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 306–312, 2009.
- C. M. Mouës, M. C. Vos, G. J. C. M. Van den Bemd, T. Stijnen, and S. E. R. Hovius, “Bacterial load in relation to vacuum-assisted closure wound therapy: a prospective randomized trial,” Wound Repair and Regeneration, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 11–17, 2004.
- P. C. Black, J. B. Friedrich, L. H. Engrav, and H. Wessells, “Meshed unexpanded split-thickness skin grafting for reconstruction of penile skin loss,” Journal of Urology, vol. 172, no. 3, pp. 976–979, 2004.