- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Gastrointestinal Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 435050, 3 pages
A Novel Two-Step Approach for Retrieval of an Impacted Biliary Extraction Basket
Division of Gastroenterology, Vancouver General Hospital, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 1M9
Received 3 May 2012; Accepted 24 July 2012
Academic Editors: I. M. Leitman and Ö. Yönem
Copyright © 2012 Calvin H. Y. Chan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Matsushita, H. Takakuwa, Y. Matsubayashi et al., “Through-the-endoscope technique for retrieval of impacted biliary baskets with trapped stones,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 99, no. 6, pp. 1198–1199, 2004.
- P. Draganov and J. T. Cunningham, “Novel “through-the-endoscope” technique for removing biliary stones trapped in a retrieval basket,” Endoscopy, vol. 34, no. 2, p. 176, 2002.
- B. Neuhaus and L. Safrany, “Complications of endoscopic sphincterotomy and their treatment,” Endoscopy, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 197–199, 1981.
- S. M. Schutz, C. Chinea, and P. Friedrichs, “Successful endoscopic removal of a severed, impacted dormia basket,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 92, no. 4, pp. 679–681, 1997.
- W. G. Payne, J. G. Norman, and H. Pinkas, “Endoscopic basket impaction,” American Surgeon, vol. 61, no. 5, pp. 464–467, 1995.
- M. Merrett and P. Desmond, “Removal of impacted endoscopic basket and stone from the common bile duct by extracorporeal shock waves,” Endoscopy, vol. 22, no. 2, p. 92, 1990.
- J. Sheridan, T. M. Williams, E. Yeung, C. S. Ho, and W. Thurston, “Percutaneous transhepatic management of an impacted endoscopic basket,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 444–446, 1993.
- M. Borgaonkar, “Impacted biliary basket,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 62, no. 3, p. 474, 2005.
- P. Ranjeev and K. L. Goh, “Retrieval of an impacted Dormia basket and stone in situ using a novel method,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 504–506, 2000.
- S. Ryozawa, H. Iwano, K. Taba, M. Senyo, and I. Sakaida, “Successful retrieval of an impacted mechanical lithotripsy basket: a case report,” Digestive Endoscopy, vol. 22, no. 1, supplement, pp. S111–S113, 2010.
- A. Maydeo and S. Bhandari, “Balloon sphincteroplasty for removing difficult bile duct stones,” Endoscopy, vol. 39, no. 11, pp. 958–961, 2007.