- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Gastrointestinal Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 896523, 4 pages
Acute Eosinophilic Ascites in a Middle-Aged Man
1Department of Internal Medicine, Steward Carney Hospital, Tufts University, Boston, MA 02124, USA
2Department of Pathology, Steward Carney Hospital, Tufts University, Boston, MA 02124, USA
Received 1 January 2012; Accepted 20 February 2012
Academic Editors: T. Hirata, Y.-H. Hsieh, S. Kikuchi, S. Nomura, W. S. Selby, and S. Tanaka
Copyright © 2012 Fadi Bleibel et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Agostino and A. Parenzi, “Eosinophilic gastroenteritis. A case with predominant involvement of mucosal and muscular layers,” Minerva Medica, vol. 85, no. 12, pp. 655–658, 1994.
- N. C. Klein, R. L. Hargrove, M. H. Sleisenger, and G. H. Jeffries, “Eosinophilic gastroenteritis,” Medicine, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 299–319, 1970.
- M. Lee, W. G. Hodges, T. L. Huggins, and E. L. Lee, “Eosinophilic gastroenteritis,” Southern Medical Journal, vol. 89, no. 2, pp. 189–194, 1996.
- N. J. Talley, R. G. Shorter, S. F. Phillips, and A. R. Zinsmeister, “Eosinophilic gastroenteritis: a clinicopathological study of patients with disease of the mucosa, muscle layer, and subserosal tissues,” Gut, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 54–58, 1990.
- I. Durieu, R. Nove-Josserand, P. Cathebras, D. Vital Durand, H. Rousset, and R. Levrat, “Eosinophilic ascites. Report of two cases,” Revue de Medecine Interne, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 446–448, 1992.
- M. E. Rothenberg, “Eosinophilic gastrointestinal disorders (EGID),” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 113, no. 1, pp. 11–28, 2004.
- C. M. Lee, C. S. Changchien, P. C. Chen et al., “Eosinophilic gastroenteritis: 10 years experience,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 88, no. 1, pp. 70–74, 1993.
- M. J. Chen, C. H. Chu, S. C. Lin, S. C. Shih, and T. E. Wang, “Eosinophilic gastroenteritis: clinical experience with 15 patients,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 9, no. 12, pp. 2813–2816, 2003.
- B. Wachter, E. Jager-Arand, R. Engers, K. H. M. Zum Buschenfelde, and M. Manns, “Eosinophilic gastroenteritis with serosa involvement. A rare differential diagnosis of ascites,” Zeitschrift für Gastroenterologie, vol. 30, no. 7, pp. 469–472, 1992.
- M. P. Sánchez-Fayos, R. Miranda, L. Renedo, J. C. Porres, and C. H. Guío, “Eosinophilia and ascites as an expression of a subserous form of eosinophilic gastroenteritis,” Revista Clinica Espanola, vol. 191, no. 1, pp. 30–34, 1992.
- J. Santos, F. Junquera, I. De Torres, X. Molero, J. Vilaseca, and J. R. Malagelada, “Eosinophilic gastroenteritis presenting as ascites and splenomegaly,” European Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 7, no. 7, pp. 675–678, 1995.
- L. Van Hoe, K. Vanghillewe, A. L. Baert, E. Ponette, K. Geboes, and E. Stevens, “CT findings in nonmucosal eosinophilic gastroenteritis,” Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 818–820, 1994.
- W. Wiesner, T. Kocher, M. Heim, and G. Bongartz, “CT findings in eosinophilic enterocolitis with predominantly serosal and muscular bowel wall infiltration,” Journal Belge de Radiologie, vol. 85, no. 1, pp. 4–6, 2002.
- A. Bouhmidi, P. R. Lorente, C. P. Romero et al., “Eosinophilic enteritis as a rare cause of ascites,” Gastroenterologia y Hepatologia, vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 480–481, 2003.
- W. A. Harmon and C. A. Helman, “Eosinophilic gastroenteritis and ascites,” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 371–373, 1981.
- T. R. Smith, P. Schmiedeberg, H. Flax, and E. Wu, “Nonmucosal predominantly serosal eosinophilic enteritis: a case report,” Clinical Imaging, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 235–238, 1990.
- M. A. Yassin, F. Y. Khan, A. Al-Ani, Z. Fawzy, and I. A. Al-Bozom, “Ascites and eosinophilic colitis in a young patient,” Saudi Medical Journal, vol. 26, no. 12, pp. 1983–1985, 2005.
- L. M. Fenoglio, V. Benedetti, C. Rossi et al., “Eosinophilic gastroenteritis with ascites: a case report and review of the literature,” Digestive Diseases and Sciences, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 1013–1020, 2003.
- P. Netzer, J. M. Gschossmann, A. Straumann, A. Sendensky, R. Weimann, and A. M. Schoepfer, “Corticosteroid-dependent eosinophilic oesophagitis: azathioprine and 6-mercaptopurine can induce and maintain long-term remission,” European Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 19, no. 10, pp. 865–869, 2007.