- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Gastrointestinal Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 562642, 5 pages
Duodenal Wedge Resection for Large Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumour Presenting with Life-Threatening Haemorrhage
1Department of Plastic Surgery, Wexham Park Hospitals, Slough SL2 4HL, UK
2Department of General Surgery, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust, Horton General Hospital, Banbury OX16 9AL, UK
3Department of Urology, Wexham Park Hospitals, Slough SL2 4HL, UK
4Department of Radiology, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust, Horton General Hospital, Banbury OX16 9AL, UK
Received 21 January 2013; Accepted 26 February 2013
Academic Editors: I. D. Kyriazanos, R. J. L. F. Loffeld, and S. Tanaka
Copyright © 2013 Alexander Shaw et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. A. H. Liyanage, S. Abeygunawardhana, S. Kumarage, and K. I. Deen, “Duodenum-preserving local excision of a gastrointestinal stromal tumor,” Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Diseases International, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 214–216, 2008.
- I. Rabin, B. Chikman, R. Lavy et al., “Gastrointestinal stromal tumors: a 19 year experience,” The Israel Medical Association Journal, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 98–102, 2009.
- R. Mennigen, H. H. Wolters, B. Schulte, and F. W. Pelster, “Segmental resection of the duodenum for gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST),” World Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 6, p. 105, 2008.
- M. Miettinen, J. Kopczynski, H. R. Makhlouf et al., “Gastrointestinal stromal tumors, intramural leiomyomas, and leiomyosarcomas in the duodenum: a clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical, and molecular genetic study of 167 cases,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 625–641, 2003.
- M. Chiarugi, C. Galatioto, P. Lippolis, G. Zocco, and M. Seccia, “Gastrointestinal stromal tumour of the duodenum in childhood: a rare case report,” BMC Cancer, vol. 7, p. 79, 2007.
- J. C. Chung, C. W. Chu, G. S. Cho, et al., “Management and outcome of gastrointestinal stromal tumours of the duodenum,” Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 880–883, 2010.
- U. I. Chaudhry and R. P. DeMatteo, “Advances in the surgical management of gastrointestinal stromal tumor,” Advances in Surgery, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 197–209, 2011.
- K. Hassani, F. Z. Zahid, A. Ousadden, K. Mazaz, and K. Ait Taleb, “Gastrointestinal stromal tumours and shock,” Journal of Emergencies, Trauma and Shock, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 199–202, 2009.
- E. Aboutaleb, M. Kothari, O. Damrah, and R. Canelo, “C-KIT positive gastrointestinal stromal tumor presenting with acute bleeding in a patient with neurofibromatosis type 1: a case report,” International Seminars in Surgical Oncology, vol. 6, p. 17, 2009.
- C. D. Fletcher, J. J. Berman, C. Corless, et al., “Diagnosis of gastrointestinal stromal tumors: a consensus approach,” Human Pathology, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 459–465, 2002.
- E. Towu and M. Stanton, “Gastrointestinal stromal tumour presenting with severe bleeding: a review of the molecular biology,” Pediatric Surgery International, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 462–464, 2006.
- M. Miettinen and J. Lasota, “Gastrointestinal stromal tumors: review on morphology, molecular pathology, prognosis, and differential diagnosis,” Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 130, no. 10, pp. 1466–1478, 2006.
- B. K. P. Goh, P. K. H. Chow, S. Kesavan, W. M. Yap, and W. K. Wong, “Outcome after surgical treatment of suspected gastrointestinal stromal tumors involving the duodenum: is limited resection appropriate?” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 97, no. 5, pp. 388–391, 2008.