- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Gastrointestinal Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 934875, 4 pages
Anorectal Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor: A Case Report and Literature Review
1Department of Surgery, Northern Railway Central Hospital, New Delhi, India
2Department of Radiology, ESI Model Hospital and PGIMSR, Basaidarapur, New Delhi 110001, India
3Department of Radiology, Northern Railway Central Hospital, New Delhi, India
4Department of Anaesthesia, Northern Railway Central Hospital, New Delhi, India
Received 29 January 2013; Accepted 25 February 2013
Academic Editors: G. Bassotti, O. I. Giouleme, and Ö. Yönem
Copyright © 2013 Sanjeev Singhal et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. van der Aa, R. Sciot, W. Blyweert et al., “Gastrointestinal stromal tumor of the prostate,” Urology, vol. 65, no. 2, p. 388, 2005.
- M. C. Heinrich, C. D. Blanke, B. J. Druker, and C. L. Corless, “Inhibition of KIT tyrosine kinase activity: a novel molecular approach to the treatment of KIT-positive malignancies,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 1692–1703, 2002.
- A. Ghobadi, W. Kabbani, B. Barker, and J. E. Dowell, “Rectal GI stromal tumor mimicking a prostate mass,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 25, no. 36, pp. 5827–5828, 2007.
- M. Miettinen, M. Sarlomo-Rikala, and J. Lasota, “Gastrointestinal stromal tumours,” Annales Chirurgiae et Gynaecologiae, vol. 87, no. 4, pp. 278–281, 1998.
- M. Miettinen, M. Furlong, M. Sarlomo-Rikala, A. Burke, L. H. Sobin, and J. Lasota, “Gastrointestinal stromal tumors, intramural leiomyomas, and leiomyosarcomas in the rectum and anus: a clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical, and molecular genetic study of 144 cases,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 25, no. 9, pp. 1121–1133, 2001.
- G. R. Nigri, M. Dente, S. Valabrega et al., “Gastrointestinal stromal tumor of the anal canal: an unusual presentation,” World Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 5, article 20, 2007.
- J. A. Tworek, J. R. Goldblum, S. W. Weiss, J. K. Greenson, and H. D. Appelman, “Stromal tumors of the anorectum: a clinicopathologic study of 22 cases,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. 946–954, 1999.
- J. C. Bendell and D. P. Ryan, “Current perspectives on anal cancer,” Oncology, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 492–503, 2003.
- D. B. Zhao, Y. K. Wu, Y. F. Shao, C. F. Wang, and J. Q. Cai, “Prognostic factors for 5-year survival after local excision of rectal cancer,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 1242–1245, 2009.
- H. E. Uronis and J. C. Bendell, “Anal cancer: an overview,” Oncologist, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 524–534, 2007.
- F. van der Aa, T. Roskams, W. Blyweert, and D. De Ridder, “Interstitial cells in the human prostate: a new therapeutic target?” Prostate, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 250–255, 2003.
- K. W. Min and M. Leabu, “Interstitial cells of Cajal (ICC) and gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST): facts, speculations, and myths,” Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 995–1013, 2006.
- B. D. Gun, M. O. Gun, and Z. Karamanoglu, “Primary stromal tumor of the omentum: report of a case,” Surgery Today, vol. 36, no. 11, pp. 994–996, 2006.
- C. H. Lee, Y. H. Lin, H. Y. Lin, C. M. Lee, and J. S. Chu, “Gastrointestinal stromal tumor of the prostate: a case report and literature review,” Human Pathology, vol. 37, no. 10, pp. 1361–1365, 2006.
- J. C.-M. Li, S. S.-M. Ng, A. W.-I. Lo, J. F.-Y. Lee, R. Y.-C. Yiu, and K.-L. Leung, “Outcome of radical excision of anorectal gastrointestinal stromal tumors in Hong Kong Chinese patients,” Indian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 33–35, 2007.
- M. Miettinen, M. Majidi, and J. Lasota, “Pathology and diagnostic criteria of gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs): a review,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 38, pp. S39–S51, 2002.
- C. R. Changchien, M. C. Wu, W. S. Tasi et al., “Evaluation of prognosis for malignant rectal gastrointestinal stromal tumor by clinical parameters and immunohistochemical staining,” Diseases of the Colon and Rectum, vol. 47, no. 11, pp. 1922–1929, 2004.