- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Hematology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 589718, 3 pages
Hearing Loss due to Infiltration of the Tympanic Membrane by Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
1Division of Hematology, The Arthur G. James Comprehensive Cancer Center and The Ohio State University, 320 W 10th Avenue, B354 Starling Loving Hall, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
2Department of Neurosurgery, The Arthur G. James Comprehensive Cancer Center and The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Received 27 September 2012; Accepted 16 October 2012
Academic Editors: M. Gentile and S. Storti
Copyright © 2012 Jonathon B. Cohen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Barcos, W. Lane, and G. A. Gomez, “An atuopsy study of 1206 acute and chronic leukemias (1958 to 1982),” Cancer, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 827–837, 1987.
- C. P. E. Lange, R. E. Brouwer, R. Brooimans, and C. J. Vecht, “Leptomeningeal disease in chronic lymphocytic leukemia,” Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery, vol. 109, no. 10, pp. 896–901, 2007.
- A. A. Moazzam, J. Drappatz, R. Y. Kim, and S. Kesari, “Chronic lymphocytic leukemia with central nervous system involvement: report of two cases with a comprehensive literature review,” Journal of Neuro-Oncology, vol. 106, no. 1, pp. 1–16, 2011.
- J. E. Castro, D. F. James, J. D. Sandoval-Sus et al., “Rituximab in combination with high-dose methylprednisolone for the treatment of chronic lymphocytic leukemia,” Leukemia, vol. 23, no. 10, pp. 1779–1789, 2009.
- T. Robak, P. Smolewski, B. Cebula, A. Szmigielska-Kaplon, K. Chojnowski, and J. Z. Blonski, “Rituximab combined with cladribine or with cladribine and cyclophosphamide in heavily pretreated patients with indolent lymphoproliferative disorders and mantle cell lymphoma,” Cancer, vol. 107, no. 7, pp. 1542–1550, 2006.
- T. Robak, P. Smolewski, B. Cebula, O. Grzybowska-Izydorczyk, and J. Z. Błoński, “Rituximab plus cladribine with or without cyclophosphamide in patients with relapsed or refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemia,” European Journal of Haematology, vol. 79, no. 2, pp. 107–113, 2007.
- S. H. Tonino, A. L. Rijssenbeek, M. E. Oud, et al., “Intracerebreal infilitration as the unique cause of the clinical presentation of chronic lymphocytic leukemia/small lymphocytic leukemia,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 29, pp. e837–e839, 2011.
- O. Akintola-Ogunremi, C. Whitney, S. C. Mathur, and C. N. Finch, “Chronic lymphocytic leukemia presenting with symptomatic central nervous system involvement,” Annals of Hematology, vol. 81, no. 7, pp. 402–404, 2002.
- M. C. J. Hanse, M. B. van't Veer, K. van Lom, and M. J. van den Bent, “Incidence of central nervous system involvement in chronic lymphocytic leukemia and outcome to treatment,” Journal of Neurology, vol. 255, no. 6, pp. 828–830, 2008.
- J. M. Calvo-Villas, J. A. Fernandez, R. Fernandez, et al., “Intrathecal liposomal cytarabine (DepoCyte(R)) for treatment of leptomeningeal involvement from transformed (Richter's syndrome) and non-transformed B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (B-CLL) in Spain: report of 8 cases,” in Proceedings of the ASH Annual Meeting, vol. 114, p. 4411, 2009.