- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Hematology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 857610, 4 pages
Bilateral Pleural Effusion in a Patient with an Extensive Extramedullary Hematopoietic Mass
Department of Hematology, Second Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, No. 76, Linjiang Road, Chongqing 400010, China
Received 19 May 2013; Accepted 16 July 2013
Academic Editors: G. Damaj and U. Dasgupta
Copyright © 2013 Yun Luo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. A. Koch, C.-Y. Li, R. A. Mesa, and A. Tefferi, “Nonhepatosplenic extramedullary hematopoiesis: associated diseases, pathology, clinical course, and treatment,” Mayo Clinic Proceedings, vol. 78, no. 10, pp. 1223–1233, 2003.
- A. Aessopos, S. Tassiopoulos, D. Farmakis et al., “Extramedullary hematopoiesis-related pleural effusion: the case of β-thalassemia,” Annals of Thoracic Surgery, vol. 81, no. 6, pp. 2037–2043, 2006.
- F. Cervantes, B. Dupriez, A. Pereira et al., “New prognostic scoring system for primary myelofibrosis based on a study of the International working group for myelofibrosis research and treatment,” Blood, vol. 113, no. 13, pp. 2895–2901, 2009.
- J. P. Kupferschmid, D. M. Shahian, and A. G. Villanueva, “Massive hemothorax associated with intrathoracic extramedullary hematopoiesis involving the pleura,” Chest, vol. 103, no. 3, pp. 974–975, 1993.
- A. K. Ghosh, J. Pawade, G. R. Standen, and L. Lang-Lazdunski, “Primary extramedullary hematopoiesis manifesting as massive bilateral chylothorax,” Annals of Thoracic Surgery, vol. 80, no. 4, pp. 1515–1517, 2005.