- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Infectious Diseases
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 267028, 3 pages
A Case of Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection in an HIV-Positive Adult
1Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
2Department of Microbiology, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore 575001, India
Received 12 June 2012; Accepted 13 August 2012
Academic Editors: C. L. Gibert, K. Lindan, and E. M. Stringer
Copyright © 2012 Aakriti Gupta et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. R. Griffin, C. S. Coffey, K. M. Neuzil, E. F. Mitchel, P. F. Wright, and K. M. Edwards, “Winter viruses: influenza- and respiratory syncytial virus-related morbidity in chronic lung disease,” Archives of Internal Medicine, vol. 162, no. 11, pp. 1229–1236, 2002.
- E. E. Walsh, “Respiratory syncytial virus infection in adults,” Seminars in Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 423–432, 2011.
- E. Voigt, R. L. Tillmann, J. C. Schewe, E. Molitor, and O. Schildgen, “ARDS in an HIV-positive patient associated to respiratory syncytial virus,” European Journal of Medical Research, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 131–132, 2008.
- B. A. Cunha, U. Syed, and J. E. Hage, “Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) in a hospitalized adult with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) mimicking influenza A and Pneumocystis (carinii) jiroveci pneumonia (PCP),” Heart Lung, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 76–82, 2012.
- D. Murphy and R. C. Rose III, “Respiratory syncytial virus pneumonia in a human immunodeficiency virus-infected man,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 261, no. 8, p. 1147, 1989.
- S. Sriskandan and S. Shaunak, “Respiratory syncytial virus infection in an adult with AIDS,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 17, no. 6, p. 1065, 1993.
- J. Kuypers, A. P. Campbell, A. Cent, L. Corey, and M. Boeckh, “Comparison of conventional and molecular detection of respiratory viruses in hematopoietic cell transplant recipients,” Transplant Infectious Disease, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 298–303, 2009.
- J. Kuypers, N. Wright, J. Ferrenberg et al., “Comparison of real-time PCR assays with fluorescent-antibody assays for diagnosis of respiratory virus infections in children,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 44, no. 7, pp. 2382–2388, 2006.
- W. G. Nichols, T. Gooley, and M. Boeckh, “Community-acquired respiratory syncytial virus and parainfluenza virus infections after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: The Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center experience,” Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, vol. 7, pp. 11S–15S, 2001.
- A. R. Falsey, P. A. Hennessey, M. A. Formica, C. Cox, and E. E. Walsh, “Respiratory syncytial virus infection in elderly and high-risk adults,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 352, no. 17, pp. 1749–1759, 2005.
- E. Whimbey, R. E. Champlin, R. B. Couch, et al., “Community respiratory virus infections in bone marrow transplant recipients: The M.D. Anderson Cancer Center experience,” Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 778–782, 1996.