- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Infectious Diseases
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 464527, 3 pages
Septic Arthritis of Hip Caused by Salmonella typhi: A Case Report
1Department of Microbiology,
Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute, Sri Ramachandra University, Porur,
Tamil Nadu 600116,
2Department of Microbiology, Sri Ramachandra Laboratory Services, Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute, Sri Ramachandra University, Porur, Tamil Nadu 600116, Chennai, India
Received 6 July 2012; Accepted 13 August 2012
Academic Editors: L. M. Bush, R. Colodner, X. Vallès, S. Yazar, and K. Yeboah-Antwi
Copyright © 2012 M. Shanthi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. A. Pegues, M. E. Ohl, and S. I. Miller, “Salmonella species including Salmonella typhi,” in Mandell, Douglas and Bennett's Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases, pp. 2636–2654, Elsevier Churchill livingstone, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 6th edition, 2005.
- N. Agnihotri, M. S. Dhingra, V. Gautam, V. Gupta, R. Kaushal, and D. Mehta, “Salmonella Typhi septic arthritis of hip-a case report,” Japanese Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 29–30, 2005.
- M. Ulug, M. K. Celen, M. F. Geyik, S. Hosoglu, and C. Ayaz, “Sacroiliitis caused by Salmonella typhi,” Journal of Infection in Developing Countries, vol. 3, no. 7, pp. 564–568, 2009.
- T. S. Faseela, C. S. Malli, A. K. Balakrishna, L. Gomes, and N. Nayak, “Salmonella typhi septic arthritis of the Hip-a case report,” Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 2308–2310, 2010.
- A. I. Olut, M. Avic, O. Ozgenc, et al., “Septic arthritis of hip due to Salmonella typhi in a patient with multiple sclerosis,” Mikrobiyoloji Bülteni, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 113–116, 2012.
- J. Y. Chen, S. F. Luo, Y. J. J. Wu, C. M. Wang, and H. H. Ho, “Salmonella septic arthritis in systemic lupus erythematosus and other systemic diseases,” Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 282–287, 1998.
- J. M. Ramos, P. García-Corbeira, J. M. Aguado, J. M. Alés, M. L. Fernández-Guerrero, and F. Soriano, “Osteoarticular infections by Salmonella no typhi,” Enfermedades Infecciosas y Microbiologia Clinica, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 406–410, 1995.
- S. Kumari and R. L. Ichhpujani, Guidelines on Standard Operating Procedures for Microbiology, World Health Organization, Regional Office for South-East Asia, New Delhi, India, 2000.
- H. B. Orban, V. Cristescu, and M. Dragusanu, “Avascular necrosis of the femoral head,” MAEDICA-a Journal of Clinical Medicine, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 26–34, 2009.