- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Infectious Diseases
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 581489, 3 pages
A Case of Brucella Endocarditis in Association with Subclavian Artery Thrombosis
Dipartimento di Scienze della Promozione della Salute G. D’Alessandro, Sezione di Malattie Infettive, Università di Palermo, 90127 Palermo, Italy
Received 26 March 2012; Accepted 21 June 2012
Academic Editors: X. Vallès and W. I. van der Meijden
Copyright © 2012 Claudia Colomba et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Bollettino Epidemiologico Ministero della Salute, http://www.salute.gov.it.
- A. Cascio, F. Scarlata, S. Giordano, S. Antinori, C. Colomba, and L. Titone, “Treatment of human brucellosis with rifampin plus minocycline,” Journal of Chemotherapy, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 248–252, 2003.
- T. Buzgan, M. K. Karahocagil, H. Irmak et al., “Clinical manifestations and complications in 1028 cases of brucellosis: a retrospective evaluation and review of the literature,” International Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. e469–e478, 2010.
- J. M. Reguera, A. Alarcón, F. Miralles, J. Pachón, C. Juárez, and J. D. Colmenero, “Brucella endocarditis: clinical, diagnostic, and therapeutic approach,” European Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, vol. 22, no. 11, pp. 647–650, 2003.
- G. Pappas, N. Akritidis, M. Bosilkovski, and E. Tsianos, “Medical progress Brucellosis,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 352, no. 22, pp. 2325–2336, 2005.
- M. S. Gelfand, A. B. Kaiser, and W. A. Dale, “Localized brucellosis: popliteal artery aneurysm, mediastinitis, dementia, and pneumonia,” Reviews of Infectious Diseases, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 783–788, 1989.
- R. Zaidan and A. R. Al Tahan, “Cerebral venous thrombosis: a new manifestation of neurobrucellosis,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 399–400, 1999.
- J. L. Yrivarren and L. R. Lopez, “Cryoglobulinemia and cutaneous vasculitis in human brucellosis,” Journal of Clinical Immunology, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 471–474, 1987.
- M. Odeh, N. Pick, and A. Oliven, “Deep venous thrombosis associated with acute brucellosis: a case report,” Angiology, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 253–256, 2000.
- W. K. Andrew, “An unusual cause of deep venous thrombosis of the lower limb,” South African Medical Journal, vol. 90, no. 1, p. 42, 2000.
- R. Caylan, S. Keske, T. Durmaz, T. Keles, and M. A. Tasyaran, “A case of Brucella endocarditis in association with superficial femoral artery thrombus,” Tropical Doctor, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 251–252, 2009.
- M. C. Ferrero, J. Bregante, M. V. Delpino et al., “Proinflammatory response of human endothelial cells to Brucella infection,” Microbes and Infection, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 852–861, 2011.
- M. B. Inan, Z. B. Eyileten, E. Ozcinar et al., “Native valve Brucella endocarditis,” Clinical Cardiology, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. E20–E26, 2010.
- S. Al Dahouk, T. Schneider, A. Jansen et al., “Brucella endocarditis in prosthetic valves,” Canadian Journal of Cardiology, vol. 22, no. 11, pp. 971–974, 2006.
- J. Solera, E. Martinez-Alfaro, and L. Saez, “Meta-analysis of the efficacy of the combination of rifampicin and doxycyclin in the treatment of human brucellosis,” Medicina Clinica, vol. 102, no. 19, pp. 731–738, 1994.