- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 635309, 3 pages
Eosinophilic Pleural Effusion: A Rare Manifestation of Hypereosinophilic Syndrome
Department of Internal Medicine, Meharry Medical College, Nashville, TN 37208, USA
Received 26 August 2009; Accepted 5 November 2009
Academic Editor: Stephen P. Peters
Copyright © 2009 Ndubuisi C. Okafor et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Krenke, J. Nasilowski, P. Korczynski, et al., “Incidence and etiology of eosinophilic pleural effusion,” European Respiratory Journal, vol. 34, pp. 1111–1117, 2009.
- I. Kalomenidis and R. W. Light, “Eosinophilic pleural effusions,” Current Opinion in Pulmonary Medicine, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 254–260, 2003.
- G. J. Gleich and K. M. Leiferman, “The hypereosinophilic syndromes: current concepts and treatments,” British Journal of Haematology, vol. 145, no. 3, pp. 271–285, 2009.
- R. S. Schwartz, “The hypereosinophilic syndrome and the biology of cancer,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 348, no. 13, pp. 1199–1200, 2003.
- H. Kawai, S. Kawahara, A. Tada, et al., “Pulmonary involvement, pleural effusion and electrocardiographical abnormality in hypereosinophilic syndrome,” Nihon Kokyuki Gakkai Zasshi, vol. 39, no. 11, pp. 862–867, 2001.
- J. F. Cordier, M. Faure, C. Hermier, and J. Brune, “Pleural effusions in an overlap syndrome of idiopathic hypereosinophilic syndrome and erythema elevatum diutinum,” European Respiratory Journal, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 115–118, 1990.
- W. Choi, Y. H. Park, K. H. Paik, et al., “Peripheral T-cell lymphoma-unspecified (PTCL-U) presenting with hypereosinophilic syndrome and pleural effusions,” Korean Journal of Internal Medicine, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 57–61, 2006.
- M. E. Rothenberg, A. D. Klion, F. E. Roufosse, et al., “Treatment of patients with the hypereosinophilic syndrome with mepolizumab,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 358, no. 12, pp. 1215–1228, 2008.