- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 140780, 3 pages
Guillain-Barré Syndrome Associated with Primary Parvovirus B19 Infection in an HIV-1-Infected Patient
1Service of Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Mid-Valais Hospital Center, 81, Avenue Grand-Champsec, 1950 Sion, Switzerland
2Service of Infectious Diseases, Central Institute of the Valais Hospitals, 86, Avenue Grand-Champsec, 1950 Sion, Switzerland
3Service of Neurology, Department of Internal Medicine, Mid-Valais Hospital Center, 81, Avenue Grand-Champsec, 1950 Sion, Switzerland
Received 30 April 2012; Accepted 14 October 2012
Academic Editor: Aaron S. Dumont
Copyright © 2012 Caroline Bucher Praz et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Dua and A. Banerjee, “Guillain-Barré syndrome: a review,” British Journal of Hospital Medicine, vol. 71, no. 9, pp. 495–498, 2010.
- E. J. Singer, M. Valdes-Sueiras, D. Commins, and A. Levine, “Neurologic presentations of AIDS,” Neurologic Clinics, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 253–275, 2010.
- J. Robinson-Papp, D. M. Simpson, and S. Stucky, “Neuromuscular diseases associated with HIV-1 infection,” Muscle and Nerve, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 1043–1053, 2009.
- A. Didelot and J. Honnorat, “Update on paraneoplastic neurological syndromes,” Current Opinion in Oncology, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 566–572, 2009.
- H. Koike, F. Tanaka, and G. Sobue, “Paraneoplastic neuropathy: wide-ranging clinicopathological manifestations,” Current Opinion in Neurology, vol. 24, pp. 504–510, 2011.
- E. C. Johannsen and K. M. Kaye, “Epstein-barr virus (infectious mononucleosis, Epstein-Barr virus-associated malignant diseases, and other diseases),” in Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases, G. L. Mandell, J. E. Benett, and R. Dolin, Eds., pp. 1989–2010, Livingstone Elsevier, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 7th edition.
- K. Takahashi, M. Kunishige, M. Shinohara et al., “Guillain-Barré syndrome and hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis in a patient with severe chronic active Epstein-Barr virus infection syndrome,” Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery, vol. 108, no. 1, pp. 80–83, 2005.
- K. E. Brown, “Human parvoviruses, including parvovirus B19 and human bocavirus,” in Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases, G. L. Mandell, J. E. Benett, and R. Dolin, Eds., pp. 2087–2095, Churchill Livingstone Elsevier, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 7th edition, 2010.
- M. Douvoyiannis, N. Litman, and D. L. Goldman, “Neurologic manifestations associated with parvovirus B19 infection,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 48, no. 12, pp. 1713–1723, 2009.
- Y. Minohara, Y. Koitabashi, T. Kato et al., “A case of Guillain-Barre Syndrome associated with human parvovirus B19 infection,” Journal of Infection, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 327–328, 1998.
- Y. Yamaoka, E. Isozaki, Y. Kagamihara, S. Matsubara, S. Hirai, and K. Takagi, “A case of Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS) following human parvovirus B19 infection,” Clinical Neurology, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 471–475, 2000.
- F. Barbi, A. Ariatti, K. Funakoshi, M. Meacci, M. Odaka, and G. Galassi, “Parvovirus B19 infection antedating Guillain-Barre' syndrome variant with prominent facial diplegia,” Journal of Neurology, vol. 258, no. 8, pp. 1551–1552, 2011.
- S. Hanai, H. Komaki, H. Sakuma et al., “Acute autonomic sensory and motor neuropathy associated with parvovirus B19 infection,” Brain and Development, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 161–165, 2011.