- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 168681, 4 pages
Radiotherapy Can Cause Haemostasis in Bleeding Skin Malignancies
1St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney, Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010, Australia
2Melanoma Institute of Australia, Poche Centre, Rocklands Road, North Sydney, NSW 2060, Australia
3Department of Radiation Oncology, Mater Hospital, P.O. Box 1003, Crows Nest, NSW 2065, Australia
Received 30 September 2012; Accepted 15 December 2012
Academic Editor: Aaron S. Dumont
Copyright © 2012 Helena Sung-In Jang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Pereira and T. Phan, “Management of bleeding in patients with advanced cancer,” Oncologist, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 561–570, 2004.
- J. A. Langendijk, N. K. Aaronson, J. M. A. De Jong et al., “Prospective study on quality of life before and after radical radiotherapy in non-small-cell lung cancer,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 19, no. 8, pp. 2123–2133, 2001.
- J. Tey, M. F. Back, T. P. Shakespeare, et al., “The role of palliative radiation therapy in symptomatic locally advanced gastric cancer,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 67, no. 2, pp. 385–388, 2007.
- K. Hashimoto, H. Mayahara, A. Takashima et al., “Palliative radiation therapy for hemorrhage of unresectable gastric cancer: a single institute experience,” Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology, vol. 135, no. 8, pp. 1117–1123, 2009.
- N. Cihoric, S. Crowe, S. Eychmüller, et al., “Clinically significant bleeding in incurable cancer patients: effectiveness of hemostatic radiotherapy,” Radiation Oncology, vol. 7, no. 1, p. 132, 2012.
- E. A. Barnes, D. Breen, S. Culleton, et al., “Palliative radiotherapy for non-melanoma skin cancer,” Clinical Oncology, vol. 22, no. 10, pp. 844–849, 2010.
- B. M. Biswal, “Hemostatic radiotherapy in carcinoma of the uterine cervix,” International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 281–285, 1995.
- J. A. Lee, D. H. Lim, W. Park, Y. C. Ahn, and S. J. Huh, “Radiation therapy for gastric cancer bleeding,” Tumori, vol. 95, no. 6, pp. 726–730, 2009.
- H. Asakura, T. Hashimoto, H. Harada et al., “Palliative radiotherapy for bleeding from advanced gastric cancer: is a schedule of 30 Gy in 10 fractions adequate?” Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology, vol. 137, no. 1, pp. 125–130, 2011.
- M. I. Koukourakis, “Tumour angiogenesis and response to radiotherapy,” Anticancer Research, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 4285–4300, 2001.
- S. Kempin, “Disorders of hemostasis in malignancy,” Current Problems in Cancer, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 21–26, 1979.