- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 215207, 3 pages
A Case of Disseminated Histoplasmosis Detected in Peripheral Blood Smear Staining Revealing AIDS at Terminal Phase in a Female Patient from Cameroon
Cliniques Universitaires des Montagnes, Bangangté, Cameroon
Received 28 August 2012; Revised 2 November 2012; Accepted 5 November 2012
Academic Editor: Ingo W. Husstedt
Copyright © 2012 Christine Mandengue Ebenye. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Loulergue, F. Bastides, V. Baudouin et al., “Literature review and case histories of Histoplasma capsulatum var. duboisii infections in HIV-infected patients,” Emerging Infectious Diseases, vol. 13, no. 11, pp. 1647–1652, 2007.
- S. Marty, M. Brun, and M. Gari-Toussaint, “Les mycoses systémiques tropicales,” Médecine Tropicale, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 281–290, 2000.
- C. A. Kauffman, “Histoplasmosis: a clinical and laboratory update,” Clinical Microbiology Reviews, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 115–132, 2007.
- N. Gangat, Y. Lin, and P. L. Elkin, “68-Year-old man with fatigue, fever, and weight loss,” Mayo Clinic Proceedings, vol. 80, no. 7, pp. 939–942, 2005.
- B. Carme, “Histoplasmose dépistée sur frottis sanguin révélatrice d’un sida en phase terminale,” Médecine Tropicale, vol. 71, no. 6, p. 347, 2011.
- J. Zyrek-Betts, H. Donabedian, and R. Booth, “A 49-year-old man with AIDS, fever, and weight loss,” Laboratory Medicine, vol. 37, no. 9, pp. 536–538, 2006.
- M. Updesh, S. Sachdeva, and R. Das, “Peripheral smear discloses histoplasmosis,” Blood, vol. 115, no. 18, p. 3653, 2010.
- H. S. Jacobs, “Histoplasma in circulating blood,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 207, no. 10, p. 1916, 1969.
- A. J. Guimarães, J. D. Nosanchuk, and R. M. Zancopé-Oliveira, “Diagnosis of histoplasmosis,” Brazilian Journal of Microbiology, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 1–13, 2006.
- J. Qualtieri, C. W. Stratton, D. R. Head, and Y.-W. Tang, “Case report: PCR detection of Histoplasma capsulatum var. capsulatum in whole blood of a renal transplant patient with disseminated histoplasmosis,” Annals of Clinical and Laboratory Science, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 409–412, 2009.
- V. Rickerts, R. Bialek, K. Tintelnot, V. Jacobi, and G. Just-Nübling, “Rapid PCR-based diagnosis of disseminated histoplasmosis in an AIDS patient,” European Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 821–823, 2002.
- P. Couppié, C. Aznar, B. Carme, and M. Nacher, “American histoplasmosis in developing countries with a special focus on patients with HIV: diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis,” Current Opinion in Infectious Diseases, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 443–449, 2006.
- C. E. Mandengue, J. Lindou, N. Mandeng et al., “Miliaire pulmonaire létale chez une femme camerounaise infectée par le VIH,” Médecine Tropicale, vol. 71, no. 6, pp. 615–617, 2011.