- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 253906, 4 pages
Necrotizing Fasciitis: Diagnostic Challenges in a Mute Bedridden Patient with Atypical Laboratory Parameters
1Department of Public Health, Fairview Developmental Center, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, USA
2Fairview Developmental Center, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, USA
3School of Medicine, St. George’s University, Grenada
4Royal Medical Group, 1120 W. Warner Avenue, Santa Ana, CA 92707, USA
Received 21 August 2012; Accepted 11 October 2012
Academic Editor: Jeffrey M. Weinberg
Copyright © 2012 Ghan-Shyam Lohiya et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. Roje, T. Roje, D. Matić, D. Librenjak, S. Dokuzović, and J. Varvodić, “Necrotizing fasciitis: literature review of contemporary strategies for diagnosing and management with three case reports: torso, abdominal wall, upper and lower limbs,” World Journal of Emergency Surgery, vol. 6, no. 1, article 46, 2011.
- M. S. Morgan, “Diagnosis and management of necrotising fasciitis: a multiparametric approach,” Journal of Hospital Infection, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 249–257, 2010.
- B. Sarani, M. Strong, J. Pascual, and C. W. Schwab, “Necrotizing fasciitis: current concept and review of the literature,” Journal of the American College of Surgeons, vol. 208, no. 2, pp. 279–288, 2009.
- F. W. Endorf, L. C. Cancio, and M. B. Klein, “Necrotizing soft-tissue infections: clinical guidelines,” Journal of Burn Care and Research, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 769–775, 2009.
- A. G. Angoules, G. Kontakis, E. Drakoulakis, G. Vrentzos, M. S. Granick, and P. V. Giannoudis, “Necrotising fasciitis of upper and lower limb: a systematic review,” Injury, vol. 38, pp. S19–26, 2007.
- Z. Vlajcic, R. Zic, S. Stanec, and Z. Stanec, “Algorithm for classification and treatment of poststernotomy wound infections,” Scandinavian Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Hand Surgery, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 114–119, 2007.
- D. J. Tilkorn, M. Citak, T. Fehmer et al., “Characteristics and differences in necrotizing fasciitis and gas forming myonecrosis: a series of 36 patients,” Scandinavian Journal of Surgery, vol. 101, no. 1, pp. 51–55, 2012.
- C. H. Wong, L. W. Khin, K. S. Heng, K. C. Tan, and C. O. Low, “The LRINEC (Laboratory Risk Indicator for Necrotizing Fasciitis) score: a tool for distinguishing necrotizing fasciitis from other soft tissue infections,” Critical Care Medicine, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 1535–1541, 2004.
- Medicine.Net. Corticosteroids oral, 2012, http://www.medicinenet.com/corticosteroids-oral/article.htm.
- Medline Plus Medical Encyclopedia. Pressure Ulcer, 2012, http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/007071.htm.
- G. Lohiya, L. Tan-Figueroa, and V. Krishna, “Piperacillin-induced immune hemolysis presenting with tachycardia and cardiac arrest,” Case Reports in Medicine, vol. 2011, Article ID 816497, 3 pages, 2011.