- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 286210, 3 pages
Male Breast Cancer Originating in an Accessory Mammary Gland in the Axilla: A Case Report
1Department of Surgery, Osaka National Hospital, 2-1-14 Hoenzaka, Chuo-ku, Osaka 540-0006, Japan
2Department of Pathology, Osaka National Hospital, 2-1-14 Hoenzaka, Chuo-ku, Osaka 540-0006, Japan
3Department of Radiology, Osaka National Hospital, 2-1-14 Hoenzaka, Chuo-ku, Osaka 540-0006, Japan
Received 2 October 2012; Accepted 7 November 2012
Academic Editor: Gottfried J. Locker
Copyright © 2012 Jun Yamamura et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. D. Bitran and J. E. Ultmann, “Malignancies of undetermined primary origin,” Disease-a-Month, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 217–260, 1992.
- K. Jordan, A. Laumann, S. Conrad, and M. Medenica, “Axillary mass in a 20-year-old woman,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 137, no. 10, pp. 1367–1372, 2001.
- M. Muttarak, B. Chaiwun, and W. C. G. Peh, “Role of mammography in diagnosis of axillary abnormalities in women with normal breast examination,” Australasian Radiology, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 306–310, 2004.
- K. Kitamura, H. Kuwano, K. Kiyomatsu, K. Ikejiri, K. Sugimachi, and M. Saku, “Mastopathy of the accessory breast in the bilateral axillary regions occurring concurrently with advanced breast cancer,” Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 221–224, 1995.
- B. A. Howard and B. A. Gusterson, “Human breast development,” Journal of Mammary Gland Biology and Neoplasia, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 119–137, 2000.
- L. Yerra, A. B. Karnad, and M. L. Votaw, “Primary breast cancer in aberrant breast tissue in the axilla,” Southern Medical Journal, vol. 90, no. 6, pp. 661–662, 1997.
- Y. Nihon-Yanagi, T. Ueda, N. Kameda, and S. Okazumi, “A case of ectopic breast cancer with a literature review,” Surgical Oncology, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 35–42, 2011.
- H. Takeyama, H. Takahashi, I. Tabei et al., “Malignant neoplasm in the axilla of a male: suspected primary carcinoma of an accessory mammary gland,” Breast Cancer, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 151–154, 2010.
- B. Madej, B. Balak, I. Winkler, and F. Burdan, “Cancer of the accessory breast—a case report,” Advances in Medical Sciences, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 308–310, 2009.
- D. M. Evans and D. P. Guyton, “Carcinoma of the axillary breast,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 190–195, 1995.
- G. Visconti, Y. Eltahir, R. J. van Ginkel, and P. M. N. Werker, “Reconstruction of an extended defect in the axilla using a thoracodorsal fasciocutaneous perforator flap,” Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 813–816, 2008.