- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 349521, 3 pages
Adult-Onset Still’s Disease Masquerading as Sepsis in an Asplenic Active Duty Soldier
1Department of Internal Medicine, Tripler Army Medical Center, 1 Jarrett White Road Honolulu, HI 96859, USA
2Department of Rheumatology, Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, HI 96859, USA
3Department of Infectious Disease, Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, HI 96859, USA
Received 10 September 2012; Revised 22 October 2012; Accepted 29 October 2012
Academic Editor: Jagdish Butany
Copyright © 2012 Nathan T. Jaqua et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Kontzias and P. Efthimiou, “Adult-onset still's disease: pathogenesis, clinical manifestations and therapeutic advances,” Drugs, vol. 68, no. 3, pp. 319–337, 2008.
- J. Pouchot, J. S. Sampalis, F. Beaudet et al., “Adult Still's disease: manifestations, disease course, and outcome in 62 patients,” Medicine, vol. 70, no. 2, pp. 118–136, 1991.
- M. Yamaguchi, A. Ohta, T. Tsunematsu et al., “Preliminary criteria for classification of adult Still's disease,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 424–430, 1992.
- R. B. Mueller and A. Sheriff, “Scoring adult onset still's disease,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 37, no. 11, pp. 2203–2204, 2010.
- P. Schuetz, M. Christ-Crain, and B. Müller, “Biomarkers to improve diagnostic and prognostic accuracy in systemic infections,” Current Opinion in Critical Care, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 578–585, 2007.
- M. Rau, M. Schiller, S. Krienke, P. Heyder, H. Lorenz, and N. Blank, “Clinical manifestations but not cytokine profiles differentiate adult-onset Still's disease and sepsis,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 37, no. 11, pp. 2369–2376, 2010.
- A. A. Fitzgerald, S. A. LeClercq, A. Yan, J. E. Homik, and C. A. Dinarello, “Rapid responses to anakinra in patients with refractory adult-onset Still's disease,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 1794–1803, 2005.
- C. Mavragani, E. Spyridakis, and M. Koutsilieris, “Adult-onset Still's disease: from pathophysiology to targeted therapies,” International Journal of Inflammation, vol. 2012, Article ID 879020, 10 pages, 2012.
- A. Gesierich, J. Stoevesandt, C. Kneitz, E. B. Bröcker, and M. P. Schön, “Adult-onset Still's disease: an uncommon differential diagnosis of urticaria and treatment with anakinra,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 104–106, 2009.
- J. Maier, G. Birkenfeld, J. Pfirstinger, J. Schölmerich, M. Fleck, and H. Brühl, “Effective treatment of steroid refractory adult-onset Still's disease with anakinra,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 939–941, 2008.
- B. Raffeiner, C. Botsios, C. Dinarello, F. Ometto, L. Punzi, and R. Ramonda, “Adult-onset Still's disease with myocarditis successfully treated with the interleukin-1 receptor antagonist anakinra,” Joint Bone Spine, vol. 78, no. 1, pp. 100–101, 2011.
- D. Nordstrom, A. Knight, R. Luukkainen, et al., “Beneficial effect of interleukin 1 inhibition with anakinra in adult-onset Still's disease. An open, randomized, Multi Center Study,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 39, no. 10, pp. 2008–2011, 2012.
- C. Giampietro and B. Fautrel, “Anti-interleukin-1 agents in adult onset Still's disease,” International Journal of Inflammation, vol. 2012, Article ID 317820, 6 pages, 2012.
- M. P. Albersmeyer, R. G. Hilge, H. Schulze-Koops, and T. Sitter, “Adult-onset Still's disease in a patient with cystic fibrosis and its successful treatment with anakinra,” Rheumatology, vol. 51, no. 9, pp. 1730–1732, 2012.
- M. Kawashima, M. Yamamura, M. Taniai, H. Yamauchi, T. Tanimoto, M. Kurimoto, et al., “Levels of interleukin-18 and its binding inhibitors in the blood circulation of patients with adult-onset Still's disease,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 44, pp. 550–560, 2001.