- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 358520, 4 pages
Uncommon Cause of Psychotic Behavior in a 9-Year-Old Girl: A Case Report
1Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, Brussels University Hospital, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
2Department of Emergency Medicine, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Received 9 July 2012; Revised 6 November 2012; Accepted 29 November 2012
Academic Editor: Richard A. Wennberg
Copyright © 2012 Willemina K. Van Putten et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Koskiniemi, M. Korppi, K. Mustonen et al., “Epidemiology of encephalitis in children. A prospective multicentre study,” European Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 156, no. 7, pp. 541–545, 1997.
- B. M. Ances, R. Vitaliani, R. A. Taylor et al., “Treatment-responsive limbic encephalitis identified by neuropil antibodies: MRI and PET correlates,” Brain, vol. 128, no. 8, pp. 1764–1777, 2005.
- R. Koide, T. Shimizu, K. Koike, and J. Dalmau, “EFA6A-like antibodies in paraneoplastic encephalitis associated with immature ovarian teratoma: a case report,” Journal of Neuro-Oncology, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 71–74, 2007.
- J. Dalmau, E. Tüzün, H. Y. Wu, J. Masjuan, J. E. Rossi, A. Voloschin, et al., “Paraneoplastic anti-N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor encephalitis associated with ovarian teratoma,” Annals of Neurology, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 25–36, 2007.
- L. H. Sansing, T. Tüzün, M. W. Ko, J. Baccon, D. R. Lynch, and J. Dalmau, “A patient with encephalitis associated with NMDA receptor antibodies,” Nature Clinical Practice Neurology, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 291–296, 2007.
- J. Dalmau, E. Lancaster, E. Martinez-Hernandez, M. R. Rosenfeld, and R. Balice-Gordon, “Clinical experience and laboratory investigations in patients with anti-NMDAR encephalitis,” The Lancet Neurology, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 63–74, 2011.
- H. Prüß, J. Dalmau, V. Arolt, and K. P. Wandinger, “Anti-NMDA-receptor encephalitis. An interdisciplinary clinical picture,” Nervenarzt, vol. 81, no. 4, pp. 396–400, 2010.
- J. Dalmau, A. J. Gleichman, E. G. Hughes et al., “Anti-NMDA-receptor encephalitis: case series and analysis of the effects of antibodies,” The Lancet Neurology, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 1091–1098, 2008.
- A. Vincent, C. G. Bien, S. R. Irani, and P. Waters, “Autoantibodies associated with diseases of the CNS: new developments and future challenges,” The Lancet Neurology, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 759–772, 2011.
- J. Dalmau and M. R. Rosenfeld, “Paraneoplastic syndromes of the CNS,” The Lancet Neurology, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 327–340, 2008.
- T. Iizuka, F. Sakai, T. Ide et al., “Anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis in Japan: long-term outcome without tumor removal,” Neurology, vol. 70, no. 7, pp. 504–511, 2008.
- M. Schimmel, C. G. Bien, A. Vincent, W. Schenk, and J. Penzien, “Successful treatment of anti-N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor encephalitis presenting with catatonia,” Archives of Disease in Childhood, vol. 94, no. 4, pp. 314–316, 2009.
- N. R. Florance, R. L. Davis, C. Lam et al., “Anti-N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDAR) encephalitis in children and adolescents,” Annals of Neurology, vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 11–18, 2009.
- N. Luca, T. Daengsuwan, J. Dalmau et al., “Anti-N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor encephalitis: a newly recognized inflammatory brain disease in children,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 63, no. 8, pp. 2516–2522, 2011.
- H. Ishiura, S. Matsuda, M. Higashihara et al., “Response of anti-nmda receptor encephalitis without tumor to immunotherapy including rituximab,” Neurology, vol. 71, no. 23, pp. 1921–1923, 2008.
- A. Lebas, B. Husson, A. Didelot, J. Honnorat, and M. Tardieu, “Expanding spectrum of encephalitis with NMDA receptor antibodies in young children,” Journal of Child Neurology, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 742–745, 2010.
- A. Bitnun, E. L. Ford-Jones, M. Petric et al., “Acute childhood encephalitis and Mycoplasma pneumoniae,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 32, no. 12, pp. 1674–1684, 2001.
- M. S. Gable, S. Gavali, A. Radner et al., “Anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis: report of ten cases and comparison with viral encephalitis,” European Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, vol. 28, no. 12, pp. 1421–1429, 2009.
- S. E. Swedo, “Sydenham's chorea: a model for childhood autoimmune neuropsychiatric disorders,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 272, no. 22, pp. 1788–1791, 1994.
- M. L. Murphy and M. E. Pichichero, “Prospective identification and treatment of children with pediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric disorder associated with group a streptococcal infection (PANDAS),” Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, vol. 156, no. 4, pp. 356–361, 2002.