- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 370204, 4 pages
A Case Report of Spindle Cell (Sarcomatoid) Carcinoma of the Larynx
1Meharry Medical College, 1005 DR DB Todd Boulevard, Nashville, TN 37208, USA
2Department of Pathology, Meharry Medical College, 1005 DR DB Todd Boulevard, Nashville, TN 37208, USA
Received 2 October 2012; Revised 21 November 2012; Accepted 7 December 2012
Academic Editor: Gerd J. Ridder
Copyright © 2012 Harry Boamah and Billy Ballard. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. U. Völker, M. Scheich, S. Höller et al., “Differential diagnosis of laryngeal spindle cell carcinoma and inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor—report of two cases with similar morphology,” Diagnostic Pathology, vol. 2, no. 1, article 1, 2007.
- N. Katase, R. Tamamura, M. Gunduz et al., “A spindle cell carcinoma presenting with osseous metaplasia in the gingiva: a case report with immunohistochemical analysis,” Head and Face Medicine, vol. 4, no. 1, article 28, 2008.
- National Cancer Institute, Cancer Facts. Head and Neck Cancer: Questions and Answers, National Cancer Institute, 2012.
- L. D. R. Thompson, J. A. Wieneke, M. Miettinen, and D. K. Heffner, “Spindle cell (sarcomatoid) carcinomas of the larynx: a clinicopathologic study of 187 cases,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 153–170, 2002.
- J. E. Lewis, K. D. Olsen, and T. J. Sebo, “Spindle cell carcinoma of the larynx: review of 26 cases including DNA content and immunohistochemistry,” Human Pathology, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 664–673, 1997.
- J. S. Lewis Jr., J. H. Ritter, and S. El-Mofty, “Alternative epithelial markers in sarcomatoid carcinomas of the head and neck, lung, and bladder-p63, MOC-31, and TTF-1,” Modern Pathology, vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 1471–1481, 2005.