- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 407349, 3 pages
Radiation-Associated Fracture Nonunion of the Clavicle Treated with Locking Plate Fixation and Autologous Bone Grafting
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7-5-1 Kusunoki-cho, Chuo-ku, Kobe 650-0017, Japan
Received 22 September 2012; Accepted 16 December 2012
Academic Editor: Masahiro Kohzuki
Copyright © 2012 Takahiro Niikura et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. J. Mitchell and P. M. Logan, “Radiation-induced changes in bone,” Radiographics, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 1125–1136, 1998.
- C. P. Cannon, P. P. Lin, V. O. Lewis, and A. W. Yasko, “Management of radiation-associated fractures,” Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 541–549, 2008.
- P. P. Lin, P. J. Boland, and J. H. Healey, “Treatment of femoral fractures after irradiation,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 352, pp. 168–178, 1998.
- C. S. Helmstedter, M. Goebel, R. Zlotecki, and M. T. Scarborough, “Pathologic fractures after surgery and radiation for soft tissue tumors,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, no. 389, pp. 165–172, 2001.
- G. Wera, D. G. Mohler, and L. Chou, “Surgical treatment of post-radiotherapy nonunions of the clavicle,” Bulletin: Hospital for Joint Diseases, vol. 62, no. 3-4, pp. 125–130, 2005.
- B. Fuchs, S. P. Steinmann, and A. T. Bishop, “Free vascularized corticoperiosteal bone graft for the treatment of persistent nonunion of the clavicle,” Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 264–268, 2005.
- M. Wagner, “General principles for the clinical use of the LCP,” Injury, vol. 34, supplement 2, pp. SB31–SB42, 2003.
- G. E. Holt, A. M. Griffin, M. Pintilie et al., “Fractures following radiotherapy and limb-salvage surgery for lower extremity soft-tissue sarcomas: a comparison of high-dose and low-dose radiotherapy,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 87, no. 2, pp. 315–319, 2005.
- I. Spar, “Total claviculectomy for pathological fractures,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 129, pp. 236–237, 1977.
- E. H. M. Wang, A. Sekyi-Otu, B. O'Sullivan, and R. S. Bell, “Management of long-term postirradiation periclavicular complications,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 259–265, 1992.
- F. Del Piñal, F. J. García-Bernal, J. Regalado, H. Ayala, L. Cagigal, and A. Studer, “Vascularised corticoperiosteal grafts from the medial femoral condyle for difficult non-unions of the upper limb,” Journal of Hand Surgery, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 135–142, 2007.