- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 487126, 3 pages
Management of Anterior Abdominal Wall Defect Using a Pedicled Tensor Fascia Lata Flap: A Case Report
Department of Surgery, College of Health Sciences, University of Nairobi, P.O. Box 19676, Nairobi 00202, Kenya
Received 2 September 2012; Revised 30 October 2012; Accepted 31 October 2012
Academic Editor: Yasuhiko Sugawara
Copyright © 2012 K. D. Ojuka et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. C. Slack, “Friction injuries following road accidents,” British Medical Journal, vol. 2, pp. 262–264, 1952.
- R. M. Letts, “Degloving injuries in children,” Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 193–197, 1986.
- K. A. Kudsk, G. F. Sheldon, and R. L. Walton, “Degloving injuries of the extremities and torso,” Journal of Trauma, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 835–839, 1981.
- H. B. Lehr and W. T. Fitts, “The management of avulsion injuries of soft tissue,” Journal of Trauma, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 261–273, 1969.
- S. R. Cohen, D. Larossa, A. J. Ross, M. Christofersen, and H. T. Lau, “A trilaminar skin coverage technique for treatment of severe degloving injuries of the extremities and torso,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 86, no. 4, pp. 780–784, 1990.
- W. G. Lyle, M. Gibbs, and T. R. Howdieshell, “The tensor fascia lata free flap in staged abdominal wall reconstruction after traumatic evisceration,” Journal of Trauma, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 519–522, 1999.
- J. M. Sacks, J. M. Broyles, and D. P. Baumann, “Flap coverage of anterior abdominal wall defects,” Seminars in Plastic Surgery, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 36–39, 2012.
- H. H. Stone, T. C. Fabian, and M. L. Turkleson, “Management of acute full-thickness losses of the abdominal wall,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 193, no. 5, pp. 612–618, 1981.
- O. H. Wangensteen, “Repair of recurrent and difficult hernias and other large defects of the abdominal wall employing the iliotibial tract of fascia lata as a pedicle flap,” Surgery Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 59, pp. 766–780, 1934.
- F. Nahai, H. L. Hill, and T. R. Hester, “Experiences with the tensor fascia lata flap,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 63, no. 6, pp. 788–799, 1979.
- F. Nahai, J. S. Silverton, H. L. Hill, and L. O. Vasconez, “The tensor fascia lata musculocutaneous flap,” Annals of Plastic Surgery, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 372–379, 1978.