- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 497362, 3 pages
Malignant Transformation of Endometrioma in a Woman with a History of Ovulation Induction and In Vitro Fertilization
1School of Medicine, Wayne State University, 60 West Hancock Street, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
2Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Wayne State University, 60 West Hancock Street, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Received 18 August 2012; Revised 31 October 2012; Accepted 1 November 2012
Academic Editor: Michail Varras
Copyright © 2012 Terri L. Woodard et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Meuleman, B. Vandenabeele, S. Fieuws, C. Spiessens, D. Timmerman, and T. D'Hooghe, “High prevalence of endometriosis in infertile women with normal ovulation and normospermic partners,” Fertility and Sterility, vol. 92, no. 1, pp. 68–74, 2009.
- L. Deligdisch, F. Pénault-Llorca, P. Schlosshauer, A. Altchek, M. Peiretti, and F. Nezhat, “Stage I ovarian carcinoma: different clinical pathologic patterns,” Fertility and Sterility, vol. 88, no. 4, pp. 906–910, 2007.
- J. M. Heaps, R. K. Nieberg, and J. S. Berek, “Malignant neoplasms arising in endometriosis,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 75, no. 6, pp. 1023–1028, 1990.
- J. M. Schildkraut, P. J. Schwingl, E. Bastos, A. Evanoff, and C. Hughes, “Epithelial ovarian cancer risk among women with polycystic ovary syndrome,” Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 88, no. 4, pp. 554–559, 1996.
- B. G. Chittenden, G. Fullerton, A. Maheshwari, and S. Bhattacharya, “Polycystic ovary syndrome and the risk of gynaecological cancer: a systematic review,” Reproductive Biomedicine Online, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 398–405, 2009.
- E. Somigliana, P. Vigano', F. Parazzini, S. Stoppelli, E. Giambattista, and P. Vercellini, “Association between endometriosis and cancer: a comprehensive review and a critical analysis of clinical and epidemiological evidence,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 101, no. 2, pp. 331–341, 2006.
- M. A. Rossing, J. R. Daling, N. S. Weiss, D. E. Moore, and S. G. Self, “Ovarian tumors in a cohort of infertile women,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 331, no. 12, pp. 771–776, 1994.
- A. Mahdavi, T. Pejovic, and F. Nezhat, “Induction of ovulation and ovarian cancer: a critical review of the literature,” Fertility and Sterility, vol. 85, no. 4, pp. 819–826, 2006.
- G. M. Zanetta, M. J. Webb, H. Li, and G. L. Keeney, “Hyperestrogenism: a relevant risk factor for the development of cancer from endometriosis,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 79, no. 1, pp. 18–22, 2000.
- T. Toki, A. Horiuchi, S. F. Li, K. Nakayama, S. G. Silverberg, and S. Fujii, “Proliferative activity of postmenopausal endometriosis: a histopathologic and immunocytochemical study,” International Journal of Gynecological Pathology, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 45–53, 1996.
- L. Valentin, D. Jurkovic, B. van Calster et al., “Adding a single CA 125 measurement to ultrasound imaging performed by an experienced examiner does not improve preoperative discrimination between benign and malignant adnexal masses,” Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 345–354, 2009.
- F. Nezhat, M. S. Datta, V. Hanson, T. Pejovic, C. Nezhat, and C. Nezhat, “The relationship of endometriosis and ovarian malignancy: a review,” Fertility and Sterility, vol. 90, no. 5, pp. 1559–1570, 2008.