- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 679257, 3 pages
Extrapontine Myelinolysis of Osmotic Demyelination Syndrome in a Case of Postoperative Suprasellar Arachnoid Cyst
1Department of Neurosurgery, Beijing Tiantan Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing 100050, China
2Beijing Neurosurgical Institute, Capital Medical University, No. 6 Tiantan Xili, Chongwen District, Beijing 100050, China
Received 19 August 2012; Accepted 19 December 2012
Academic Editor: Richard A. Wennberg
Copyright © 2012 Peng Zhao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. J. Choe, B. K. Cho, I. O. Kim, H. Y. Shin, and K. C. Wang, “Extrapontine myelinolysis caused by electrolyte imbalance during the management of suprasellar germ cell tumors: report of two cases,” Child's Nervous System, vol. 14, no. 4-5, pp. 155–158, 1998.
- B. K. Kleinschmidt-Demasters, A. M. Rojiani, and C. M. Filley, “Central and extrapontine myelinolysis: then...and now,” Journal of Neuropathology and Experimental Neurology, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 1–11, 2006.
- S. Tsutsumi, Y. Yasumoto, and M. Ito, “Central pontine and extrapontine myelinolysis in an infant associated with the treatment of craniopharyngioma—case report,” Neurologia Medico-Chirurgica, vol. 48, no. 8, pp. 351–354, 2008.
- S. Mastrangelo, A. Arlotta, M. G. Cefalo, P. Maurizi, A. Cianfoni, and R. Riccardi, “Central pontine and extrapontine myelinolysis in a pediatric patient following rapid correction of hypernatremia,” Neuropediatrics, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 144–147, 2009.
- F. Gankam-Kengne, A. Soupart, R. Pochet, J. P. Brion, and G. Decaux, “Minocycline protects against neurologic complications of rapid correction of hyponatremia,” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 21, no. 12, pp. 2099–2108, 2010.
- A. K. Musana and S. H. Yale, “Central pontine myelinolysis: case series and review,” Wisconsin Medical Journal, vol. 104, no. 6, pp. 56–60, 2005.
- F. G. Kengne, C. Nicaise, A. Soupart et al., “Astrocytes are an early target in osmotic demyelination syndrome,” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 22, no. 10, pp. 1834–1845, 2011.
- D. Srimanee, R. Bhidayasiri, and K. Phanthumchinda, “Extrapontine myelinolysis in preoperative sellar region tumor: report of two cases,” Journal of the Medical Association of Thailand, vol. 92, no. 11, pp. 1548–1553, 2009.
- R. N. Kallakatta, A. Radhakrishnan, R. K. Fayaz, J. P. Unnikrishnan, C. Kesavadas, and S. P. Sarma, “Clinical and functional outcome and factors predicting prognosis in osmotic demyelination syndrome (central pontine and/or extrapontine myelinolysis) in 25 patients,” Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry, vol. 82, no. 3, pp. 326–331, 2011.