- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 686153, 4 pages
Persistent Inflammation in Pulmonary Granuloma 48 Years after Talcage Pleurodesis, Detected by FDG-PET/CT
1Department of Nuclear Medicine, Meander Medical Center, Utrechtseweg 160, 3818 ES Amersfoort, The Netherlands
2Department of Pathology, Meander Medical Center, Utrechtseweg 160, 3818 ES Amersfoort, The Netherlands
3Department of Pulmonology, Meander Medical Center, Utrechtseweg 160, 3818 ES Amersfoort, The Netherlands
Received 29 April 2012; Accepted 15 October 2012
Academic Editor: S. A. Sahn
Copyright © 2012 J. C. Fanggiday et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Bethune, “Pleural poudrage: new technique for the deliberate production of pleural adhesion as preliminary to lobectomy,” Journal of Thoracic Surgery, vol. 4, p. 251, 1935.
- E. H. Genofre, E. Marchi, and F. S. Vargas, “Inflammation and clinical repercussions of pleurodesis induced by intrapleural talc administration,” Clinics, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 627–634, 2007.
- J. Ferrer, M. A. Villarino, J. M. Tura, A. Traveria, and R. W. Light, “Talc preparations used for pleurodesis vary markedly from one preparation to another,” Chest, vol. 119, no. 6, pp. 1901–1905, 2001.
- G. R. Jones, “Treatment of recurrent malignant pleural effusion by iodized talc pleurodesis,” Thorax, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 69–73, 1969.
- L. Kennedy and S. A. Sahn, “Talc pleurodesis for the treatment of pneumothorax and pleural effusion,” Chest, vol. 106, no. 4, pp. 1215–1222, 1994.
- I. Hunt, B. Barber, R. Southon, and T. Treasure, “Is talc pleurodesis safe for young patients following primary spontaneous pneumothorax?” Interactive Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 117–120, 2007.
- S. Györik, S. Erni, U. Studler, R. Hodek-Wuerz, M. Tamm, and P. N. Chhajed, “Long-term follow-up of thoracoscopic talc pleurodesis for primary spontaneous pneumothorax,” European Respiratory Journal, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 757–760, 2007.
- S. Narayanaswamy, S. Kamath, and M. Williams, “CT appearances of talc pleurodesis,” Clinical Radiology, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 233–237, 2007.
- J. G. Murray, E. F. Patz, J. J. Erasmus, and R. C. Gilkeson, “CT appearance of the pleural space after talc pleurodesis,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 169, no. 1, pp. 89–91, 1997.
- J. G. Murray, J. J. Erasmus, E. A. Bahtiarian, and P. C. Goodman, “Talc pleurodesis simulating pleural metastases on 18F- fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 168, no. 2, pp. 359–360, 1997.
- N. C. Nguyen, I. Tran, C. N. Hueser, D. Oliver, H. R. Farghaly, and M. M. Osman, “F-18 FDG PET/CT characterization of talc pleurodesis-induced pleural changes over time: a retrospective study,” Clinical Nuclear Medicine, vol. 34, no. 12, pp. 886–890, 2009.
- H. Peek, W. van der Bruggen, and G. Limonard, “Pleural FDG uptake more than a decade after talc pleurodesis,” Case Reports in Medicine, vol. 2009, Article ID 650864, 3 pages, 2009.