- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 695642, 3 pages
Laser Therapy of Recurrent Aphthous Ulcer in Patient with HIV Infection
Paulista University (Unip), 1212 Dr. Bacelar Street, Vila Clementino, 04026-002 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Received 21 August 2012; Revised 19 November 2012; Accepted 18 December 2012
Academic Editor: Christos D. Lionis
Copyright © 2012 Bruno Vieira Caputo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. S. Natah, Y. T. Konttinen, N. S. Enattah, N. Ashammakhi, K. A. Sharkey, and R. Häyrinen-Immonen, “Recurrent aphthous ulcers today: a review of the growing knowledge,” International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 221–234, 2004.
- C. Scully and D. H. Felix, “Oral medicine—update for the dental practitioner. Aphthous and other common ulcers,” British Dental Journal, vol. 199, no. 5, pp. 259–264, 2005.
- L. A. MacPhail and J. S. Greenspan, “Oral ulceration in HIV infection: investigation and pathogenesis,” Oral Diseases, vol. 3, supplement 1, pp. S190–S193, 1997.
- C. Scully and S. Porter, “Oral mucosal disease: recurrent aphthous stomatitis,” British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 198–206, 2008.
- T. O. F. de Souza, M. A. T. Martins, S. K. Bussadori et al., “Clinical evaluation of low-level laser treatment for recurring aphthous stomatitis,” Photomedicine and Laser Surgery, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. S85–S88, 2010.
- M. M. Coogan, J. Greenspan, and S. J. Challacombe, “Oral lesions in infection with human immunodeficiency virus,” Bulletin of the World Health Organization, vol. 83, no. 9, pp. 700–706, 2005.
- M. Alegre, J. Dalmau, P. Domingo, E. Roé, and A. Alomar, “Successful treatment of major oral aphthous ulcers in HIV-1 infection after highly active antiretroviral therapy,” International Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 278–279, 2007.
- J. A. Ship, E. M. Chavez, P. A. Doerr, B. S. Henson, and M. Sarmadi, “Recurrent aphthous stomatitis,” Quintessence International, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 95–112, 2000.
- E. M. Giovani, R. B. Martins, J. A. J. Melo, and N. Tortamano, “Use of GaAlAs laser in the treatment of necrotizing ulcerative periodontitis in patients seropositive for HIV/AIDS,” Journal of Oral Laser Applications, vol. 1, no. 7, pp. 55–64, 2007.
- A. Pejcic, D. Kojovic, L. Kesic, and R. Obradovic, “The effects of low level laser irradiation on gingival inflammation,” Photomedicine and Laser Surgery, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 69–74, 2010.
- Y. Sakurai, M. Yamaguchi, and Y. Abiko, “Inhibitory effect of low-level laser irradiation on LPS-stimulated prostaglandin E2 production and cyclooxygenase-2 in human gingival fibroblasts,” European Journal of Oral Sciences, vol. 108, no. 1, pp. 29–34, 2000.