- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 726841, 4 pages
Metachronous Rectum Metastases from Gastric Adenocarcinoma: A Case Report
1Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Cerrahpaşa Medical Faculty, İstanbul University, 34098 İstanbul, Turkey
2Department of Radiation Oncology, İstanbul Education and Research Hospital, İstanbul, Turkey
3Department of Pathology, İstanbul Education and Research Hospital, İstanbul, Turkey
Received 2 August 2012; Revised 16 October 2012; Accepted 30 October 2012
Academic Editor: Peter J. K. Kuppen
Copyright © 2012 Deniz Tural et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. J. Feczko, D. D. Collins, and D. G. Mezwa, “Metastatic disease involving the gastrointestinal tract,” Radiologic Clinics of North America, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 1359–1373, 1993.
- A. Jemal, R. Siegel, E. Ward, T. Murray, J. Xu, and M. J. Thun, “Cancer statistics, 2007,” CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 43–66, 2007.
- World Health Organization, Cancer Surveillance Database, http://www-dep.iarc.fr/.
- R. E. Hermann, “Newer concepts in the treatment of cancer of the stomach,” Surgery, vol. 113, no. 4, pp. 361–364, 1993.
- M. D. Abeloff, J. O. Armitage, J. E. Niederhuber, M. B. Kastan, and W. G. McKenna, Abeloff's Clinical Oncology, 4th edition, 2008.
- U. Pacea, G. Continoa, A. Chiappaa et al., “Metachronous colon metastases from gastric adenocarcinoma: a case report,” Case Reports in Oncology, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 92–96, 2009.
- S. Uzunoğlu, İ. Çiçin, H. Karagöl, Ö. Tanrıverdi, H. Gençhellaç, and U. Usta, “Rektuma Linitis Plastika Şeklinde Metastaz Yapan ve Primer Rektum Kanseri Gibi Görünen Mide Adenokarsinomu: Olgu Sunumu,” Trakya Üniversitesi Tıp Fakültesi Dergisi, vol. 25, pp. 160–163, 2008.
- S. W. Lim, J. W. Huh, Y. J. Kim, and H. R. Kim, “Laparoscopic low anterior resection forhematogenous rectal metastasis from gastric adenocarcinoma: a case report,” World Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 9, article 148, 2011.
- O. Hosokawa, S. Tsuda, E. Kidani et al., “Diagnosis of gastric cancer up to three years after negative upper gastrointestinal endoscopy,” Endoscopy, vol. 30, no. 8, pp. 669–674, 1998.
- S. Willis, S. Truong, S. Gribnitz, J. Fass, and V. Schumpelick, “Endoscopic ultrasonography in the preoperative staging of gastric cancer: accuracy and impact on surgical therapy,” Surgical Endoscopy, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 951–954, 2000.
- J. Y. Wang, J. S. Hsieh, Y. S. Huang, C. J. Huang, M. F. Hou, and T. J. Huang, “Endoscopic ultrasonography for preoperative locoregional staging and assessment of resectability in gastric cancer,” Clinical Imaging, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 355–359, 1998.
- K. Kinkel, Y. Lu, M. Both, R. S. Warren, and R. F. Thoeni, “Detection of hepatic metastases from cancers of the gastrointestinal tract by using noninvasive imaging methods (US, CT, MR imaging, PET): a meta-analysis,” Radiology, vol. 224, no. 3, pp. 748–756, 2002.
- T. Tot, “Adenocarcinomas metastatic to the liver: the value of cytokeratins 20 and 7 in the search for unknown primary tumors,” Cancer, vol. 85, no. 1, pp. 171–177, 1999.
- H. Kawamura, Y. Kondo, S. Osawa et al., “A clinicopathologic study of mucinous adenocarcinoma of the stomach,” Gastric Cancer, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 83–86, 2001.
- C. A. Hudis, “Trastuzumab—mechanism of action and use in clinical practice,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 357, no. 1, pp. 39–51, 2007.
- T. Takehana, K. Kunitomo, K. Kono et al., “Status of c-erbB-2 in gastric adenocarcinoma: a comparative study of immunohistochemistry, fluorescence in situ hybridization and enzyme-linked immuno-sorbent assay,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 98, no. 6, pp. 833–837, 2002.
- C. H. Köhne, J. A. Wils, and H. J. Wilke, “Developments in the treatment of gastric cancer in Europe,” Oncology, vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 22–25, 2000.
- E. van Cutsem, V. M. Moiseyenko, S. Tjulandin et al., “Phase III study of docetaxel and cisplatin plus fluorouracil compared with cisplatin and fluorouracil as first-line therapy for advanced gastric cancer: a report of the V25 study group,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 24, no. 31, pp. 4991–4997, 2006.
- D. H. Ilson, “Docetaxel, cisplatin, and fluorouracil in gastric cancer: does the punishment fit the crime?” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 25, no. 22, pp. 3188–3190, 2007.