- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
This article has been retracted as it was found to include falsified data in the pathology report of the patient included.
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 735026, 4 pages
Brain Metastasis as an Initial Manifestation of Ovarian Carcinoma: A Case Report
1Gynecologic Oncology Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
2Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
Received 2 November 2012; Accepted 11 December 2012
Academic Editor: Michail Varras
Copyright © 2012 Zafer Selçuk Tuncer et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Piura and B. Piura, “Brain metastases from ovarian carcinoma,” ISRN Oncology, vol. 2011, Article ID 527453, 2011.
- D. Pectasides, G. Aravantinos, G. Fountzilas et al., “Brain metastases from epithelial ovarian cancer. The Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group (HeCOG) experience and review of the literature,” Anticancer Research, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 3553–3558, 2005.
- R. J. Mayer, R. S. Berkowitz, and C. T. Griffiths, “Central nervous system involvement by ovarian carcinoma: a complication of prolonged survival with metastatic disease,” Cancer, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 776–783, 1978.
- F. A. Tavassoli and P. Devilee, Eds., World Health Organization Classification of Tumours. Pathology and Genetics of Tumours of the Breast and Female Genital Organs, IARC Press, Lyon, France, 2003.
- J. H. Bae, A. W. Lee, S. Y. Tong, Y. G. Park, S. E. Namkoong, and J. S. Park, “Preoperative and postoperative characteristics of metastatic ovarian cancers: experiences with 112 Korean women,” Journal of Korean Medical Science, vol. 24, pp. 114–119, 2009.
- R. Moll, A. Lowe, J. Laufer, and W. W. Franke, “Cytokeratin 20 in human carcinomas: a new histodiagnostic marker detected by monoclonal antibodies,” American Journal of Pathology, vol. 140, no. 2, pp. 427–447, 1992.
- B. P. Rubin, A. T. Skarin, E. Pisick, M. Rizk, and R. Salgia, “Use of cytokeratins 7 and 20 in determining the origin of metastatic carcinoma of unknown primary, with special emphasis on lung cancer,” European Journal of Cancer Prevention, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 77–82, 2001.
- R. Vang, A. M. Gown, L. S. F. Wu et al., “Immunohistochemical expression of CDX2 in primary ovarian mucinous tumors and metastatic mucinous carcinomas involving the ovary: comparison with CK20 and correlation with coordinate expression of CK7,” Modern Pathology, vol. 19, no. 11, pp. 1421–1428, 2006.
- J. Jin, X. Zhou, X. Liang et al., “A study of patients with brain metastases as the initial manifestation of their systemic cancer in a Chinese population,” Journal of Neuro-Oncology, vol. 103, no. 3, pp. 649–655, 2011.
- S. Malander, M. Ridderheim, A. Måsbäck et al., “One in 10 ovarian cancer patients carry germ line BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutations: results of a prospective study in Southern Sweden,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 422–428, 2004.
- S. M. Domchek, K. Jhaveri, S. Patil, et al., “Risk of metachronous breast cancer after BRCA mutation-associated ovarian cancer,” Cancer. In press.
- C. Gourley, C. O. Michie, P. Roxburgh et al., “Increased incidence of visceral metastases in Scottish patients with BRCA1/2-defective ovarian cancer: an extension of the ovarian BRCAness phenotype,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 28, no. 15, pp. 2505–2511, 2010.
- P. G. Chen, S. Y. Lee, G. H. Barnett et al., “Use of the radiation therapy oncology group recursive partitioning analysis classification system and predictors of survival in 19 women with brain metastases from ovarian carcinoma,” Cancer, vol. 104, no. 10, pp. 2174–2180, 2005.
- M. Deutsch, D. Beck, D. Manor, and J. Brandes, “Metastatic brain tumor following negative second-look operation for ovarian carcinoma,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 116–120, 1987.
- L. Kumar, S. Barge, A. K. Mahapatra et al., “Central nervous system metastases from primary epithelial ovarian cancer,” Cancer Control, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 244–253, 2003.
- N. Anupol, S. Ghamande, K. Odunsi, D. Driscoll, and S. Lele, “Evaluation of prognostic factors and treatment modalities in ovarian cancer patients with brain metastases,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 85, no. 3, pp. 487–492, 2002.
- Z. R. Cohen, D. Suki, J. S. Weinberg et al., “Brain metastases in patients with ovarian carcinoma: prognostic factors and outcome,” Journal of Neuro-Oncology, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 313–325, 2004.