- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 839795, 7 pages
Three Presentations of Takayasu’s Arteritis in Hispanic Patients
1Department of Medicine, Olive-View UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 91342, USA
2The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
3Division of Nephrology, Olive-View UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 91342, USA
Received 29 July 2012; Revised 18 October 2012; Accepted 2 November 2012
Academic Editor: Alexander Bauer
Copyright © 2012 Ramy Magdy Hanna et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Ishikawa, “Diagnostic approach and proposed criteria for the clinical diagnosis of Takayasu's arteriopathy,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 964–972, 1988.
- S. L. Johnston, R. J. Lock, and M. M. Gompels, “Takayasu arteritis: a review,” Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 55, no. 7, pp. 481–486, 2002.
- Y. Morita, M. Yamamura, K. Suwaki et al., “Takayasu's arteritis associated with ulcerative colitis; genetic factors in this association,” Internal Medicine, vol. 35, no. 7, pp. 574–578, 1996.
- R. A. Watts and D. G. I. Scott, “Epidemiology of the vasculitides,” Seminars in Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 455–464, 2004.
- R. Hernández Pando, C. Espitia, R. Mancilla, and P. A. Reyes, “Takayasu's arteritis. A seroimmunological test of its relationship to mycobacterial infection,” Archivos del Instituto de Cardiologia de Mexico, vol. 64, no. 4, pp. 331–337, 1994.
- A. I. Gamarra, P. Coral, G. Quintana et al., “History of primary vasculitis in Latin America,” Medical Science Monitor, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. RA58–RA72, 2010.
- J. Dabague and P. A. Reyes, “Takayasu arteritis in Mexico: a 38-year clinical perspective through literature review,” International Journal of Cardiology, vol. 54, supplement, pp. S103–S109, 1996.
- A. Aggarwal, M. Chag, N. Sinha, and S. Naik, “Takayasu's arteritis: role of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and its 65 kDa heat shock protein,” International Journal of Cardiology, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 49–55, 1996.
- N. Balamtekin, F. Gürakan, S. Ozen, B. Oguz, and B. Talim, “Ulcerative colitis associated with Takayasu's arteritis in a child,” Acta Paediatrica, vol. 98, no. 8, pp. 1368–1371, 2009.
- A. Hokama, F. Kinjo, T. Arakaki et al., “Pulseless hematochezia: Takayasu's arteritis associated with ulcerative colitis,” Internal Medicine, vol. 42, no. 9, pp. 897–898, 2003.
- M. Ichikawa, T. Onizuka, K. Ichikawa, A. Ohama, O. Takahara, and H. Hoshino, “A case of ulcerative colitis associated with Takayasu's arteritis,” Nippon Shokakibyo Gakkai Zasshi, vol. 85, no. 9, pp. 1690–1693, 1988.
- A. Lin, E. Abu-Isa, K. A. Griffith, and E. Ben-Josef, “Toxicity of radiotherapy in patients with collagen vascular disease,” Cancer, vol. 113, no. 3, pp. 648–653, 2008.
- S. M. Reddy, J. C. Pui, L. I. Gold, and H. J. Mitnick, “Postirradiation morphea and subcutaneous polyarteritis nodosa: case report and literature review,” Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 728–734, 2005.
- G. S. Hoffman, “Treatment of resistant Takayasu's arteritis,” Rheumatic Disease Clinics of North America, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 73–80, 1995.
- Y. Kobayashi and F. Numano, “Takayasu arteritis,” Internal Medicine, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 44–46, 2002.