- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 850509, 4 pages
Giant Cell Tumor of Rib Arising Anteriorly as a Large Inframammary Mass: A Case Report and Review of the Literature
1Division of Transplantation Surgery, Department of Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University, P.O. Box 980057, Richmond,
VA 23298, USA
2Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, 1101 E. Marshall Street, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Received 9 July 2012; Accepted 8 November 2012
Academic Editor: Jeffrey C. Wang
Copyright © 2012 Amit Sharma and Amy E. Armstrong. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Kito, T. Umeda, and T. Koyama, “Two giant cell tumors arising from the ribs: two case reports,” International Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 107–111, 1999.
- V. Gupta and R. Mittal, “Giant cell tumor of rib—rare location on the anterior aspect,” Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, vol. 120, no. 3-4, pp. 231–232, 2000.
- M. O. Tachdjian, “Bone tumors,” in Pediatric Orthopaedics, M. O. Tachdjian, Ed., pp. 115–117, Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1990.
- A. Dehghan, A. H. Moaddab, M. Eskandarlou, and A. Moeeni, “Anterior chest wall giant cell tumor,” General Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 39–41, 2010.
- R. V. Hutter, J. N. Worcester Jr., K. C. Francis, F. W. Foote Jr., and F. W. Stewart, “Benign and malignant giant cell tumors of bone. A clinicopathological analysis of the natural history of the disease,” Cancer, vol. 15, pp. 653–690, 1962.
- I. Watt, “Tumors and tumor-like conditions of bone,” in Textbook of Radiology and Medical Imaging, D. Sutton, Ed., vol. 1, pp. 163–164, Churchill Livingstone, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1992.
- A. Oschner Sr., A. Oschner Jr., et al., “Tumors of the thoracic wall,” in Diagnosis and Treatment of Tumors of the Chest, D. M. Spain, S. M. Farber, E. Mayer, et al., Eds., Grune Stratton, New York, NY, USA, 1960.
- N. D. Riddle, H. Yamauchi, J. T. Caracciolo, D. Cheong, N. Khakpour, and M. M. Bui, “Giant cell tumor of the anterior rib masquerading as a breast mass: a case report and review of current literature,” Cases Journal, vol. 3, no. 2, article 51, 2010.
- Y. Sakao, T. Sakuragi, Y. Takeda, M. Natsuaki, and T. Itoh, “Giant cell tumor of the rib,” Japanese Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, vol. 51, no. 10, pp. 537–540, 2003.
- L. Tavecchio, S. Radaelli, G. Pelosi, F. Leo, and U. Pastorino, “Unusual giant cell tumor of a floating rib: a case report,” in Tumori, vol. 97, no. 5, pp. 34e–35e, 2011.
- J. S. Shin, I. S. Lee, A. Kim, and B. H. Kim, “Giant cell tumor originating from the anterior arc of the rib,” Journal of Korean Medical Science, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 849–851, 2002.
- M. L. Al-Otaibi, F. F. Al-Jassir, and M. H. Isler, “Giant cell tumor of the rib,” Saudi Medical Journal, vol. 27, no. 8, p. 1248, 2006.
- A. Briccoli, C. Malaguti, C. Iannetti, M. Rocca, and F. Bertoni, “Giant cell tumor of the rib,” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 107–110, 2003.
- S. Z. D. B. Cordeiro, P. D. B. Cordeiro, A. M. C. Sousa, D. C. Lannes, and G. S. D. M. Pierro, “Giant cell tumor of the rib occupying the entire hemithorax,” Jornal Brasileiro de Pneumologia, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 185–188, 2008.
- R. M. King, P. C. Pairolero, V. F. Trastek, J. M. Piehler, W. S. Payne, and P. E. Bernatz, “Primary chest wall tumors: factors affecting survival,” Annals of Thoracic Surgery, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 597–601, 1986.