- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 891714, 4 pages
Paravertebral Burkitt's Lymphoma in a Child: An Unusual Presentation
1Pediatric Hematology-Oncology, CHR Citadelle, Boulevard 12ème de ligne, 4000 Liege, Belgium
2Pediatric Radiology, CHR Citadelle, Boulevard 12ème de Ligne, 4000 Liege, Belgium
3Pathology, CHR Citadelle, ULg, Boulevard 12ème de Ligne, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Received 30 July 2012; Accepted 12 October 2012
Academic Editor: Jeffrey C. Wang
Copyright © 2012 C. Hoyoux et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Gunes, K. M. Uysal, H. Cetinkaya et al., “Paravertebral malignant tumors of childhood: analysis of 28 pediatric patients,” Child's Nervous System, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 63–69, 2009.
- J. A. Ortega, M. Wharam, E. A. Gehan et al., “Clinical features and results of therapy for children with paraspinal soft tissue sarcoma: a report of the intergroup rhabdomyosarcoma study,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 796–801, 1991.
- M. S. Cairo, R. Sposto, S. L. Perkins et al., “Burkitt's and Burkitt-like lymphoma in children and adolescents: a review of the children's cancer group experience,” British Journal of Haematology, vol. 120, no. 4, pp. 660–670, 2003.
- M. F. Daley, M. D. Partington, N. Kadan-Lottick, and L. F. Odom, “Primary epidural burkitt lymphoma in a child: case presentation and literature review,” Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 333–338, 2003.
- O. A. Adegboye, “Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma “masquerading” as pott's disease in a 13-year old boy,” Indian Journal of Medical and Paediatric Oncology, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 101–104, 2011.
- G. Massarelli, G. A. Onida, M. A. Piras, V. Marras, A. Mura, and F. Tanda, “Neuron-specific enolase expression in hodgkin's disease and large cell lymphomas,” Anticancer Research, vol. 19, no. 5B, pp. 3933–3938, 1999.
- L. Wang, P. Liu, Q. Geng, X. Chen, and Y. Lv, “Prognostic significance of neuron-specific enolase in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma treated with rituximab-based immunochemotherapy,” Leukemia and Lymphoma, vol. 52, no. 9, pp. 1697–1703, 2011.
- L. E. Pelinka, “Serum markers of severe traumatic brain injury: are they useful?” Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 190–193, 2005.
- J. Salzburg, B. Burkhardt, M. Zimmermann et al., “Prevalence, clinical pattern, and outcome of CNS involvement in childhood and adolescent non-Hodgkin's lymphoma differ by non-hodgkin's lymphoma subtype: a berlin-frankfurt-munster group report,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 25, no. 25, pp. 3915–3922, 2007.
- J. Mora and N. Wollner, “Primary epidural non-hodgkin lymphoma: spinal cord compression syndrome as the initial form of presentation in childhood non-hodgkin lymphoma,” Medical and Pediatric Oncology, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 102–105, 1999.
- S. Chahal, J. E. R. Lagera, J. Ryder, and B. K. Kleinschmidt-DeMasters, “Hematological neoplasms with first presentation as spinal cord compression syndromes: a 10-year retrospective series and review of the literature,” Clinical Neuropathology, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 282–290, 2003.
- G. Dechambenoit, M. Piquemal, C. Giordano, C. Cournil, V. Ba Zeze, and J. J. Santini, “Spinal cord compression resulting from burkitt's lymphoma in children,” Child's Nervous System, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 210–214, 1996.
- E. Ses, D. N'Dri Oka, G. Varlet, K. Koffi, N. R. Boni, and V. Ba Zeze, “Spinal cord compression secondary to burkitt's lymphoma. An analysis of 7 cases,” Neurochirurgie, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 552–556, 2001.
- M. Turgut, O. E. Ozcan, and A. Erbengi, “Burkitt's lymphoma: an unusual cause of childhood paraplegia,” Child's Nervous System, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 169–171, 1991.
- V. Gupta, A. Srivastava, and B. Bhatia, “Hodgkin disease with spinal cord compression,” Journal of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, vol. 31, no. 10, pp. 771–773, 2009.
- D. M. Biko, S. A. Anupindi, A. Hernandez, L. Kersun, and R. Bellah, “Childhood burkitt lymphoma: abdominal and pelvic imaging findings,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 192, no. 5, pp. 1304–1315, 2009.