- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 894837, 4 pages
A Rare Case of Paraneoplastic Syndrome Presented with Severe Gastroparesis due to Ganglional Loss
1Gastroenterology Department, Diana, Princess of Wales Hospital, South Humberside DN33 2BA, UK
2Histopathology Department, Diana, Princess of Wales Hospital, South Humberside DN33 2BA, UK
Received 31 August 2012; Revised 3 November 2012; Accepted 5 November 2012
Academic Editor: Gianfranco D. Alpini
Copyright © 2012 Konstantinos N. Argyriou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Santacroce, “Paraneoplastic Syndromes,” 2010, http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/280744-overview.
- G. E. Richardson and B. E. Johnson, “Paraneoplastic syndromes in lung cancer,” Current Opinion in Oncology, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 323–333, 1992.
- J. Honnorat and S. Cartalat-Carel, “Advances in paraneoplastic neurological syndromes,” Current Opinion in Oncology, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 614–620, 2004.
- K. R. Donthireddy, S. Ailawadhi, E. Nasser et al., “Malignant gastroparesis: pathogenesis and management of an underrecognized disorder,” Journal of Supportive Oncology, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 355–363, 2007.
- R. De Giorgio, S. Guerrini, G. Barbara et al., “Inflammatory neuropathies of the enteric nervous system,” Gastroenterology, vol. 126, no. 7, pp. 1872–1883, 2004.
- I. Monsieur, M. Meysman, M. Noppen et al., “Non-small-cell lung cancer with multiple paraneoplastic syndromes,” European Respiratory Journal, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 1231–1234, 1995.
- S. Heinemann, P. Zabel, and H. P. Hauber, “Paraneoplastic syndromes in lung cancer,” Cancer Therapy, vol. 6, pp. 687–698, 2008.
- T. Martinu and A. S. Clay, “A 50-year-old woman with bilateral vocal cord paralysis and hilar mass,” Chest, vol. 128, no. 2, pp. 1028–1031, 2005.
- M. Swash and M. S. Schwartz, “Paraneoplastic syndromes,” in Current Therapy in Neurologic Disease, R. T. Johnson, Ed., pp. 236–243, BC Decker, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1990.
- H. Senties-Madrid and F. Vega-Boada, “Paraneoplastic syndromes associated with anti-Hu antibodies,” The Israel Medical Association Journal, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 94–103, 2001.
- NINDS paraneoplastic syndrome information page, National Institutes of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/paraneoplastic/paraneoplastic.htm.
- J. Leung and W. Silverman, “Diagnostic and therapeutic approach to pancreatic cancer-associated gastroparesis: literature review and our experience,” Digestive Diseases and Sciences, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 401–405, 2009.
- D. N. Moskovitz and K. V. Robb, “Small cell lung cancer with positive anti-Hu antibodies presenting as gastroparesis,” Canadian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 171–174, 2002.
- H. R. Lee, V. A. Lennon, M. Camilleri, and C. M. Prather, “Paraneoplastic gastrointestinal motor dysfunction: clinical and laboratory characteristics,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 96, no. 2, pp. 373–379, 2001.
- J. L. Molinuevo, F. Graus, C. Serrano, R. Reñe, A. Guerrero, and I. Illa, “Utility of anti-Hu antibodies in the diagnosis of paraneoplastic sensory neuropathy,” Annals of Neurology, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 976–980, 1998.
- S. Nagula and M. Schattner, “Malignant gastroparesis: diagnostics and therapeutics,” Journal of Supportive Oncology, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 366–367, 2007.
- W. L. Hasler, “Gastroparesis: pathogenesis, diagnosis and management,” Nature Reviews Gastroenterology & Hepatology, vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 438–453, 2011.