- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 951358, 4 pages
Huge Cystic Lymphangioma of the Pancreas Mimicking Pancreatic Cystic Neoplasm
1Department of Surgery, Oncology, and Gastroenterology, University of Padua, 35128 Padua, Italy
2Department of Pathology, University of Padua, 35128 Padua, Italy
3Department of Radiology, Bassano General Hospital, 36061 Bassano, Vicenza, Italy
Received 5 September 2012; Accepted 19 October 2012
Academic Editor: Tobias Keck
Copyright © 2012 Enrico Dalla Bona et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. B. Colovic, N. M. Grubor, M. T. Micev, H. D. E. Atkinson, V. I. Rankovic, and M. M. Jagodic, “Cystic lymphangioma of the pancreas,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 14, no. 44, pp. 6873–6875, 2008.
- H. Abe, K. Kubota, T. Noie, Y. Bandai, and M. Makuuchi, “Cystic lymphangioma of the pancreas: a case report with special reference to embryological development,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 92, no. 9, pp. 1566–1567, 1997.
- E. Paal, L. D. Thompson, and C. S. Heffes, “A clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study of ten pancreatic lymphangiomas and a review of the literature,” Cancer, vol. 82, no. 11, pp. 2150–2158, 1998.
- H. H. Kim, E. K. Park, J. S. Seoung et al., “Cystic lymphangioma of the pancreas mimicking pancreatic pseudocyst,” Journal of the Korean Surgical Society, vol. 80, supplement 1, pp. S55–S58, 2011.
- R. Fonseca and M. B. Pitman, “Lymphangioma of the pancreas: a multimodal approach to pre-operative diagnosis,” Cytopathology. In press.
- K. Koch, “Beiträge zur Pathologie der Bauchspeicheldrüse,” Virchows Archiv, vol. 214, no. 2, pp. 180–206, 1913.
- S. Ghatak, S. Ray, S. Sanyal et al., “An unusual cause of acute abdomen in adults: giant cystic lymphangioma of the pancreatic head. A clinical case and literature review,” Journal of the Pancreas, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 266–270, 2011.
- G. Gray, K. Fried, and J. Iraci, “Cystic lymphangioma of the pancreas: CT and pathologic findings,” Abdominal Imaging, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 78–80, 1998.
- J. G. Allen, T. S. Riall, J. L. Cameron, F. B. Askin, R. H. Hruban, and K. A. Campbell, “Abdominal lymphangiomas in adults,” Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 746–751, 2006.
- G. Schneider, R. Seidel, K. Altmeyer et al., “Lymphangioma of the pancreas and the duodenal wall: MR imaging findings,” European Radiology, vol. 11, no. 11, pp. 2232–2235, 2001.
- A. Igarashi, Y. Maruo, T. Ito et al., “Huge cystic lymphangioma of the pancreas: report of a case,” Surgery Today, vol. 31, no. 8, pp. 743–746, 2001.
- K. Kawaguchi, F. Motoi, H. Ohtsuka, S. Fukuyama, T. Rikiyama, Y. Katayose, et al., “Cystic limphangioma of the pancreas with spontaneous rupture: report of a case,” Report in Gastroenterology, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 288–294, 2011.
- B. K. P. Goh, Y. M. Tan, W. M. Yap, and C. Y. Wong, “Hemorrhage into a pancreatic lymphangioma after blunt trauma mimicking a post-traumatic pancreatic pseudocyst,” Journal of Trauma—Injury, Infection and Critical Care, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 992–994, 2006.
- B. Applebaum and J. T. Cunningham, “Two cases of cystic lymphangioma of the pancreas: a rare finding in endoscopic ultrasonography,” Endoscopy, vol. 38, pp. E24–E25, 2006.
- V. Bhatia, A. Rastogi, S. Singh Saluja, M. Kumar, C. Bihari, R. Kalayarasan, et al., “Cystic pancreatic lymphangioma. The first report of a preoperative pathological diagnosis by endoscopic ultrasound-guided cyst aspiration,” Journal of the Pancreas, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 473–476, 2011.
- A. W. Coe, J. Evans, and J. Conway, “Pancreas cystic lymphangioma diagnosed with EUS-FNA,” Journal of the Pancreas, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 282–284, 2012.
- I. R. Daltrey and C. D. Johnson, “Cystic lymphangioma of the pancreas,” Postgraduate Medical Journal, vol. 72, no. 851, pp. 564–566, 1996.
- A. Hebra, M. F. Brown, K. M. McGeehin, and A. J. Ross, “Mesenteric, omental, and retroperitoneal cysts in children: a clinical study of 22 cases,” Southern Medical Journal, vol. 86, no. 2, pp. 173–176, 1993.
- S. Egurney, S. Tiksoz, S. Erdamar, S. Ainechii, and D. C. Olgun, “Extended pancreaticoduodenectomy for a huge cystic-cavernous lymphangioma: a case report,” Journal of the Pancreas, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 289–291, 2012.
- A. Koshy, R. K. Tandon, B. M. L. Kapur, K. V. Rao, and K. Joshi, “Retroperitoneal lymphangioma. A case report with review of the literature,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 69, no. 4, pp. 485–490, 1978.