- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 101058, 4 pages
Rhabdomyolysis and Dengue Fever: A Case Report and Literature Review
1Department of Medicine, The University of the West Indies, Mona, Kingston 7, Jamaica
2Epidemiology Research Unit, Tropical Medicine Research Institute, University of the West Indies, Mona, Kingston 7, Jamaica
Received 26 October 2012; Accepted 17 December 2012
Academic Editor: John Kortbeek
Copyright © 2013 Tanya Sargeant et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- X. Bosch, E. Poch, and J. M. Grau, “Rhabdomyolysis and acute kidney injury,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 361, no. 1, pp. 62–72, 2009.
- G. Cervellin, I. Comelli, and G. Lippi, “Rhabdomyolysis: historical background, clinical, diagnostic and therapeutic features,” Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 749–756, 2010.
- D. B. Hellmann and J. B. Imboden Jr., “Musculoskeletal & immunologic disorders,” in CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment, M. A. Papadakis, S. J. McPhee, and M. W. Rabow, Eds., chapter 20, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 2013.
- J. S. Davis and P. Bourke, “Rhabdomyolysis associated with dengue virus infection,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 38, no. 10, pp. e109–e111, 2004.
- S. Acharya, S. Shukla, S. N. Mahajan, and S. K. Diwan, “Acute dengue myositis with rhabdomyolysis and acute renal failure,” Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 221–222, 2010.
- H. H. Gunasekera, A. V. Adikaram, C. A. Herath, and H. H. Samarasinghe, “Myoglobinuric acute renal failure following dengue viral infection,” The Ceylon Medical Journal, vol. 45, no. 4, p. 181, 2000.
- A. Karakus, N. Banga, G. P. Voorn, and A. J. Meinders, “Dengue shock syndrome and rhabdomyolysis,” Netherlands Journal of Medicine, vol. 65, no. 2, pp. 78–81, 2007.
- M. Lim and H. K. Goh, “Rhabdomyolysis following dengue virus infection,” Singapore Medical Journal, vol. 46, no. 11, pp. 645–646, 2005.
- M. G. Teixeira and M. L. Barreto, “Diagnosis and management of dengue,” British Medical Journal, vol. 339, p. b4338, 2009.
- S. Gulati and A. Maheshwari, “Atypical manifestations of dengue,” Tropical Medicine and International Health, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 1087–1095, 2007.