- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 235698, 5 pages
Surgical Resection of a Leiomyosarcoma of the Inferior Vena Cava Mimicking Hepatic Tumor
1Department of Gastrointestinal Hepatobiliary-Pancreatic Surgery, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo 113-8603, Japan
2Department of Surgery for Organ Function and Biological Regulation, Graduate School of Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Received 8 October 2012; Accepted 20 January 2013
Academic Editor: John A. Elefteriades
Copyright © 2013 Junji Ueda et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Rais, S. Raissouni, H. Mouzount et al., “Primary pleural leiomyosarcoma with rapid progression and fatal outcome: a case report,” Journal of Medical Case Reports, vol. 6, no. 1, article 101, 2012.
- E. Kieffer, M. Alaoui, J. C. Piette, P. Cacoub, and L. Chiche, “Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: experience in 22 cases,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 244, no. 2, pp. 289–295, 2006.
- W. B. Laskin, J. C. Fanburg-Smith, A. P. Burke, E. Kraszewska, J. F. Fetsch, and M. Miettinen, “Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: clinicopathologic study of 40 cases,” The American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 873–881, 2010.
- M. Hashimoto, T. Kobayashi, H. Tashiro et al., “A huge metastatic liver tumor from leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: report of a case,” Surgery Today, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 505–508, 2012.
- C. Dzsinich, P. Gloviczki, J. A. van Heerden et al., “Primary venous leiomyosarcoma: a rare but lethal disease,” Journal of Vascular Surgery, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 595–603, 1992.
- U. Lotze, J. Reponova, G. Muth et al., “Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava extending into the right atrium: a rare differential diagnosis of a right atrial tumor with fatal outcome,” Herz, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 573–578, 2012.
- A. S. Griffin and J. M. Sterchi, “Primary leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: a case report and review of the literature,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 53–60, 1987.
- S. T. Hollenbeck, S. R. Grobmyer, K. C. Kent, and M. F. Brennan, “Surgical treatment and outcomes of patients with primary inferior vena cava leiomyosarcoma,” Journal of the American College of Surgeons, vol. 197, no. 4, pp. 575–579, 2003.
- T. Nikaido, Y. Endo, S. Nimura, H. Ishikura, and S. Ushigome, “Dumbbell-shaped leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava with foci of rhabdoid changes and osteoclast-type giant cells,” Pathology International, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 256–260, 2004.
- E. Crema, M. G. Zanier Gomes, I. D. O. Monteiro, T. S. de Lima, and A. A. Silva, “Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: a case report,” Angiology, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 256–259, 2008.
- N. J. Hilliard, M. J. Heslin, and C. Y. Castro, “Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: three case reports and review of the literature,” Annals of Diagnostic Pathology, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 259–266, 2005.
- D. Hemant, R. Krantikumar, J. Amita, A. Chawla, and N. Ranjeet, “Primary leiomyosarcoma of inferior vena cava, a rare entity: imaging features,” Australasian Radiology, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 448–451, 2001.
- O. J. Hines, S. Nelson, W. J. Quinones-Baldrich, and F. R. Eilber, “Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: prognosis and comparison with leiomyosarcoma of other anatomic sites,” Cancer, vol. 85, no. 5, pp. 1077–1083, 1999.
- N. Pervaiz, N. Colterjohn, F. Farrokhyar, R. Tozer, A. Figueredo, and M. Ghert, “A systematic meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials of adjuvant chemotherapy for localized resectable soft-tissue sarcoma,” Cancer, vol. 113, no. 3, pp. 573–581, 2008.