- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 247328, 6 pages
Osteoid Osteoma of the Distal Humerus Mimicking Sequela of Pediatric Supracondylar Fracture: Arthroscopic Resection—Case Report and A Literature Review
1Hand Surgery Unit, Hospital Universitari USP Dexeus, Spain
2Hospital Universitari Vall d'Hebron, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain
Received 27 December 2012; Accepted 10 February 2013
Academic Editor: Mamede de Carvalho
Copyright © 2013 Jordi Font Segura et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. L. Jaffe, “‘Osteoid osteoma’. A benign osteoblastic tumour composed of osteoid and atypical bone,” Archives of Surgery, vol. 31, pp. 709–728, 1935.
- F. H. Sim, D. C. Dahlin, and J. W. Beabout, “Osteoid osteoma: diagnostic problems,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. American, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 154–159, 1975.
- V. N. Cassar-Pullicino, I. W. McCall, and S. Wan, “Intra-articular osteoid osteoma,” Clinical Radiology, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 153–160, 1992.
- R. C. Marcove and R. H. Freiberger, “Osteoid osteoma of the elbow—a diagnostic problem. Report of four cases,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. American, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 1185–1190, 1966.
- A. M. Kelly, R. M. Selby, E. Lumsden, S. J. O'Brien, and M. C. Drakos, “Arthroscopic removal of an osteoid osteoma of the shoulder,” Arthroscopy, vol. 18, no. 7, pp. 801–806, 2002.
- O. Zupanc, N. Šarabon, and K. Stražar, “Arthroscopic removal of juxtaarticular osteoid osteoma of the elbow,” Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 1240–1243, 2007.
- P. Gille, P. Gross, P. Brax, J. M. Carcopino, D. Aubert, and H. Giordan, “Osteoid osteoma of the acetabulum: two cases,” Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 416–418, 1990.
- J. M. Lamo-Espinosa, A. Gonzàlez, and S. Amillo, “Osteoid osteoma mimicking triangular fibrocartilage complex injury: diagnosis and review of treatment,” Case Reports in Surgery, vol. 2012, Article ID 612106, 4 pages, 2012.
- G. Nourissat, C. Kakuda, and C. Dumontier, “Arthroscopic excision of osteoid osteoma of the elbow,” Arthroscopy, vol. 23, no. 7, pp. 799e1–799e4, 2007.
- K. Brabants, S. Geens, and B. van Damme, “Subperiosteal juxta-articular osteoid sarcoma,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. British, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 320–324, 1986.
- F. Franceschi, A. Marinozzi, R. Papalia, U. G. Longo, G. Gualdi, and E. Denaro, “Intra- and juxta-articular osteoid osteoma: a diagnostic challenge,” Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, vol. 126, no. 10, pp. 660–667, 2006.
- M. J. Joyce and H. J. Mankin, “Caveat arthroscopos: extra-articular lesions of bone simulating intra-articular pathology of the knee,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. American, vol. 65, no. 3, pp. 289–292, 1983.
- V. Khalpchik, R. J. O'Donell, and J. M. Glick, “Arthroscopically assisted excision of osteoid osteoma involving the hip,” Arthroscopy, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 56–61, 2011.
- D. M. Mullin, B. A. Rodan, W. J. Bean, S. Sehayik, and R. Sehayik, “Osteoid osteoma in unusual locations: detection and diagnosis,” Southern Medical Journal, vol. 79, no. 10, pp. 1299–1301, 1986.
- P. Roberts, A. M. Davies, C. M. Starkie, and R. J. Grimer, “The nidus of an osteoid osteoma mimicking an os supratrochleare dorsale,” British Journal of Radiology, vol. 63, no. 755, pp. 899–902, 1990.
- K. L. Weber and B. F. Morrey, “Osteoid osteoma of the elbow: a diagnostic challenge,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. American, vol. 81, no. 8, pp. 1111–1119, 1999.
- P. E. Giustra and R. H. Freiberger, “Severe growth disturbance with osteoid osteoma. A report of two cases involving the femoral neck,” Radiology, vol. 96, no. 2, pp. 285–288, 1970.
- A. Norman, I. F. Abdelwahab, J. Buyon, and E. Matzkin, “Osteoid osteoma of the hip stimulating an early onset of osteoarthritis,” Radiology, vol. 158, no. 2, pp. 417–420, 1986.
- F. J. Frassica, R. L. Waltrip, P. D. Sponseller, L. D. Ma, and E. F. McCarthy Jr., “Clinicopathologic features and treatment of osteoid osteoma and osteoblastoma in children and adolescents,” The Orthopedic Clinics of North America, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 559–574, 1996.
- H. Firooznia, M. Rafii, and C. Golimbu, “Computed tomography of osteoid osteoma,” Journal of Computed Tomography, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 265–268, 1985.
- A. B. Goldman, R. Schneider, and H. Pavlov, “Osteoid osteomas of the femoral neck: report of four cases evaluated with isotopic bone scanning, CT, and MR imaging,” Radiology, vol. 186, no. 1, pp. 227–232, 1993.
- C. A. Helms, R. S. Hattner, and J. B. Vogler, “Osteoid osteoma: radionuclide diagnosis,” Radiology, vol. 151, no. 3, pp. 779–784, 1984.
- P. F. Winter, P. M. Johnson, S. K. Hilal, and F. Feldman, “Scintigraphic detection of osteoid osteoma,” Radiology, vol. 122, no. 1, pp. 177–178, 1977.
- J. Assoun, G. Richardi, J. J. Railhac et al., “Osteoid osteoma: MR imaging versus CT,” Radiology, vol. 191, no. 1, pp. 217–223, 1994.
- I. Ilyas and D. A. Younge, “Medical management of osteoid osteoma,” Canadian Journal of Surgery, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 435–437, 2002.
- C. P. Cantwell, J. Obyrne, and S. Eustace, “Current trends in treatment of osteoid osteoma with an emphasis on radiofrequency ablation,” European Radiology, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 607–617, 2004.
- D. I. Rosenthal, F. J. Hornicek, M. W. Wolfe, L. C. Jennings, M. C. Gebhardt, and H. J. Mankin, “Percutaneous radiofrequency coagulation of osteoid osteoma compared with operative treatment,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. American, vol. 80, no. 6, pp. 815–821, 1998.
- W. Heuijerjans, D. J. Dandy, and D. Harris, “Arthroscopic excision of an intra-articular osteoid osteoma at the knee,” Arthroscopy, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 215–216, 1986.