- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 291359, 3 pages
Multiple Extramedullary Plasmacytoma with Lytic Bony Lesions: A Rare Case Report
1Department of Surgery, Rajindra Hospital, Patiala 147001, India
2Department of Radiotherapy, Rajindra Hospital, Patiala 147001, India
Received 21 November 2012; Accepted 16 January 2013
Academic Editor: Abhay R. Satoskar
Copyright © 2013 Akhlak Hussain et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. C. Munshi, D. L. Longo, and K. C. Anderson, “Plasma cell disorder,” in Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, vol. 1, p. 940, 18th edition, 2011.
- C. Alexiou, R. J. Kau, H. Dietzfelbinger, et al., “Extramedullary plasmacytoma: tumor occurrence and therapeutic concepts,” Cancer, vol. 85, pp. 2305–2314, 1999.
- International Myeloma Working Group, “Criteria for the classification of monoclonal gammopathies, multiple myeloma and related disorders: a report of the International Myeloma Working Group,” British Journal of Haematology, vol. 121, pp. 749–757, 2003.
- United Kingdom Myeloma Forum, “Guidelines on the diagnosis and management of solitary plasmacytoma of bone, extramedullary plasmacytoma and multiple solitary plasmacytomas,” 2009, http://www.bloodmed.com/contentimage/guidelines/3454.pdf.
- P. A. Leake, K. C. Coard, and J. M. Plummer, “Extramedullary plasmacytoma of the pancreas as an uncommon cause of obstructive jaundice: a case report,” Journal of Medical Case Reports, vol. 3, article 8785, 2009.
- T. Tüting and K. Bork, “Primary plasmacytoma of the skin,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 34, no. 2, part 2, pp. 386–390, 1996.
- K. F. Wong, J. K. C. Chan, L. P. K. Li, and T. K. Yau, “Primary cutaneous plasmacytoma—report of two cases and review of the literature,” American Journal of Dermatopathology, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 392–397, 1994.
- A. Kaviani, M. D. Zavareie, M. Noparast, and S. Keyhani-Rofagha, “Recurrence of primary extramedullary plasmacytoma in breast both simulating primary breast carcinoma,” World Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 2, article 29, 2004.
- M. Shahid, N. Z. Hali, A. Mubeen, et al., “Solitary plasmacytoma of clavicle—a rare case presentation,” Journal of Cytology & Histology, vol. 1, article 103, 2010.