- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 352128, 3 pages
Uncommon Cause of Paradoxical Embolism in a Case of Scimitar Syndrome
Pulmonary Department, Florida Hospital Celebration Health, Celebration, FL 34747, USA
Received 8 November 2013; Accepted 8 December 2013
Academic Editor: Stephen P. Peters
Copyright © 2013 Fortune O. Alabi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Berrocal, C. Madrid, S. Novo, J. Gutiérrez, A. Arjonilla, and N. Gómez-León, “Congenital anomalies of the tracheobronchial tree, lung, and mediastinum: embryology, radiology, and pathology,” Radiographics, vol. 24, no. 1, article e17, 2004.
- K. E. Ward and C. E. Mullins, “Anomalous pulmonary venous connections, pulmonary vein stenosis, and atresia of the common pulmonary vein,” in The Science and Practice of Pediatric Cardiology, A. Garson Jr., J. T. Bricker, D. J. Fisher, and S. R. Neish, Eds., pp. 1431–1461, Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore, Md, USA, 1998.
- N. Espinola-Zavaleta, S. Játiva-Chávez, L. Muñoz-Castellanos, and C. Zamora-González, “Clinical and echocardiographic characteristics of scimitar syndrome,” Revista Espanola de Cardiologia, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 284–288, 2006.
- O. Algın, G. Gökalp, and U. Topal, “Signs in chest imaging,” Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 18–29.
- R. L. Cirillo Jr., “The scimitar sign,” Radiology, vol. 206, no. 3, pp. 623–624, 1998.
- U. Gudjonsson and J. W. Brown, “Scimitar syndrome,” Seminars in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery: Pediatric Cardiac Surgery Annual, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 56–62, 2006.
- A. Legras, C. Guinet, M. Alifano, A. Lepilliez, and J. F. Regnard, “A case of variant scimitar syndrome,” Chest, vol. 142, no. 4, pp. 1039–1041, 2012.
- J. P. Le Rochais, P. Icard, S. Davani, D. Abouz, and C. Evrard, “Scimitar syndrome with pulmonary arteriovenous fistulas,” Annals of Thoracic Surgery, vol. 68, no. 4, pp. 1416–1418, 1999.
- L. Joerg, O. C. Kim, R. Geyer, and M. T. Maeder, “Multimodal imaging of anomalous pulmonary venous return in an adult patient with Scimitar syndrome,” European Heart Journal, vol. 33, no. 21, p. 2679, 2012.