- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Case Reports in Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 396805, 3 pages
A Rare Case of Large Skull Base Meningioma Mimicking Otitis Media with Effusion
1Division of Otorhinolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery, Montreal University Hospital Center (CHUM), 1560 Rue Sherbrooke Est, Montréal, QC, Canada H2L 4M1
2Department of Pathology and Cell Biology, University of Montreal, 6128 Succursale Centre-ville, Montréal, QC, Canada H3C 3J7
Received 2 August 2013; Accepted 9 December 2013
Academic Editor: Mark E. Shaffrey
Copyright © 2013 Musaed Alzahrani et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Shihada, M. Lurie, and M. Luntz, “Skull base meningiomas mimicking otitis media,” Journal of Laryngology and Otology, vol. 126, no. 6, pp. 619–624, 2012.
- C. Y. J. Chang, S. W. Cheung, and R. K. Jackler, “Meningiomas presenting in the temporal bone: the pathways of spread from an intracranial site or origin,” Otolaryngology, vol. 119, no. 6, pp. 658–664, 1998.
- L. P. Rowland, Merritt’S Neurology, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 2000.
- M. George, C. Ikonomidis, M. Pusztaszeri, and P. Monnier, “Primary meningioma of the middle ear: case report,” Journal of Laryngology and Otology, vol. 124, no. 5, pp. 572–574, 2010.
- G. T. Nager, “Meningiomas involving the temporal bone: clinical and pathological aspects,” Irish Journal of Medical Science, vol. 6, no. 483, pp. 69–96, 1966.
- C. Marosi, M. Hassler, K. Roessler et al., “Meningioma,” Critical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology, vol. 67, no. 2, pp. 153–171, 2008.